Your responsibilities will include:
- Assisting Winemakers and Cellar Managers in the organisation and supervision of day to day winemaking activities, both on and off site
- Actively participating in and contributing to winemaking, planning and decision making
- Actively contributing to wine quality and style through making improvements in winemaking methods, plant and equipment and / or implementation of new technologies
Key accountabilities include
- Assist the winemakers to ensure timely execution of bottling plan by liaising with Production, Quality and winemakers from other sites
- Assist the winemakers to ensure wines are made available for bottling on time and meet specifications for preparation of wine for bottling
- Assist the winemakers to coordinate bulk wine transport operations of wine for bottling
- Assist winemakers in vintage, base blending, storage management and other winemaking activities
- Ensure the relevant analysis of juice / wine on site is performed as required to ensure compliance with AW wine specifications
- Assisting with tasting and blending decisions in conjunction with the winemaking team
- Liaise and coordinate with external contractors where required
- Where requested, provide timely accurate and clearly expressed reports on site operations
- Assist with other projects as directed by the Senior Winemaker
- Be aware of the requirements involved for the ongoing certification of all Risk Management systems, including HACCP, ISO9000, ISO1400, AS4801 and assist the Winemakers achieve requirements for ongoing certification
- Where required be involved in the assessment of wine prior to and post packaging including customer complaints, samples and QA
Other accountabilities include
Other duties as reasonably requested.
Essential knowledge and skills are
- Qualifications in Winemaking or related discipline is required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Winemaking role
Required experience is
Previous vintage experience in a large winery with a 24/7 operation.
Essential qualifications are
Physical and other requirements
- Manual Handling
- Hazardous substances
- Exposure to noise
- Shift Work
Sound like your kind of drop?
Accolade Wines will provide you with the ideal climate and a hand-picked rewards package for you to make a difference in our successful and growing business.
At Accolade Wines, our name is our motto, so here’s to you… and here’s to your future