Unix/Windows Unix Server Administrator
Job type: Full-time, Permanent
Location: Arklow, Ireland
Elavon is wholly owned by U.S. Bancorp (NYSE: USB) and provides end-to-end payment processing solutions and services to more than 1.3 million customers in the United States, Europe, Canada, Mexico, and Puerto Rico.
As the #1 provider for airlines and a top five provider for hospitality, healthcare, retail, and public sector/education, Elavon’s innovative payment solutions are designed to solve pain points for businesses from small to enterprise-sized.
Your career is here at Elavon
It’s an exciting time to be in the payments industry, and at Elavon, we know our company is only as strong as our people. We are constantly on the lookout for strong team members who can provide value and superior service to our customers and partners worldwide. Elavon is committed to a diverse workplace, and we celebrate the individuality of each member of our global team.
We draw strength from diversity
At Elavon, embracing diversity and fostering inclusion are business imperatives. We view everything we do through a diversity and inclusion lens to deepen our relationships with our stakeholders.
We are seeking a Server Administrator with experience supporting both Unix and Windows Servers Operating Systems. This individual will be a core member of our global server support team.
This role will provide systems administration / support for Unix and Windows servers. This position supports server change activity, incident management, problem management, and patching. The overall objective is to ensure server are operating effectively and are available for end users, business units, and customers within the framework of established operating procedures.
Main Duties include:
- Managing day to day administration, support, backups, maintenance, and monitoring of Elavon’s server environment
- Responsible for administering servers so they operate reliably and are available within agreed (SLA) Service Level Agreements
- Monitors server resource usage such as CPU, Disk capacity, I/O and works with Monitoring team to ensure threshold are correct and servers are monitored as expected. Provides monthly capacity reports on usage trends and peaks
- Works with departmental team(s) to formulate, schedule, and complete system improvement/enhancement projects
- Provides first line support for resolving problems and works with vendors with respect to fault analysis and escalation
- Assists in server patching and remediation
- Complies with Elavon Conduct Code in work-related matters. Reports violations, or suspected violations, immediately to proper company representative
Main Qualification, Skills and Experience include:
- 3+ years of experience supporting a Unix Server environment (Red Hat, SuSe, etc.)
- Expertise in installation and customization of operating systems, and the tools for automation on these platforms (Ansible, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- 1+ years of experience supporting a Windows Server environment
- Experience with virtualized environments preferred e.g. VMWare and Citrix
- Experience supporting a Unix Server environment (Red Hat, SuSe, etc.)
- Knowledge of implementing and maintaining systems in a high availability, 24/7 technical environment
- Experience supporting Microsoft server systems including Windows Server 2008/2012
- Prior experience creating scripts for automation (Ansible, PowerShell, Chef, Puppet, etc.)
- Experience with the methods and techniques used in protecting systems and data security (information security)
- Proven ability to multi-task
- Sound reasoning ability together with strong problem solving skills and ability to know when to escalate a problem before it becomes critical
- Works on own initiative with minimum supervision
- Sound written communication with ability to construct documentation for internal and external distribution and presentation skills
- Has proven ability in communicating effectively at all levels
- An ability to read, analyze, and interpret common business documents
- Strong team player; will assist and seek assistance where appropriate to deliver tasks on time
- Highly productive and flexible in approach to tasks and individuals
- Is prepared to do what it takes to keep projects on track and can give extra time commitments if required
- Demonstrates a positive, ‘can do’ attitude and is regarded highly by others
- Is approachable and interacts well with other teams and departments
- Maintains confidentiality of customer and company information
- Assist with 24×7 on-call support as part of a team rotation
- Participate in regular patching activities
U.S. Bank Named a 2018 World’s Most Ethical Company® by Ethisphere Institute