E Riding RQ311097 Temporary Support Services Assistant – Sec/Admin [Enhanced DBS required] (IMMEDIATE START)
To carry out a range of administrative duties for the Team with limited supervision, which will involve indexing and scanning and may involve written, telephone or face to face contact with the public or internal colleagues, and the application of organisational procedures and systems.
You will be expected to have good organisational skills and be able to use IT effectively in implementing tasks.
Pay Rate: £8.19 per hour PAYE
N.B. – Please quote the Job
Giving yourself the best chance of success:
- Your CV needs to be current with your latest/present role, noting that we won’t be able to submit it with any unexplained gaps in employment. It will save time and thus improve your chances of success if we can put your CV forward immediately and without having to ask you for a revised version.
- Your CV must cover the “Essential Requirements” (see below) of the role, ideally by way of bullet points that directly address the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please include any DBS details and other qualifications called for.
- Your CV should clearly state that you are available to start work either immediately, or at short notice. In general, our clients are unable to work with notice periods of more than 1 week from the point at which a role is offered, 2 weeks at the very most.
- We cannot put forward covering letters, so please ensure that your CV in isolation contains all relevant information being called for.
- We recommend that you consider sending us by email (see * below) a suitably ‘tailored’ CV for each role that you apply for, noting that job boards, sites and aggregators will generally store only one version of your CV, which can be a bit limiting…
“Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV contain the following items:
- Your address (including post code) and a telephone number that we can reach you on during working hours
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history, if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Your DBS check number and date of issue, please. Typically, our clients will nowadays be looking for your DBS to be portable, which is to say supported by a subscription to the DBS updating service. Giving us your disclosure number and issue date with, or better still on, your CV really will help speed things along for you.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in an administration role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation.
- A minimum of 2 GCSEs including English and Maths
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- Your national Insurance number, please. Sorry, we don’t make the rules, but our public sector clients now want this information at the point of CV submission.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable:
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- An NVQ Level 1 in Business Administration
- An ECDL/RSA Qualification in IT
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
Client: Local Authority
Division(s)/Disciplines involved: Admin & Clerical
Anticipated Length of Assignment: All of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. This opening assignment is for 2-3 months.
Hours per week: 37 Monday To Friday 8.30am – 4.30pm
Whilst our ads will appear on partner sites such as Indeed, they are also listed and will appear first on our own website: Triumph Consultants Limited: www.tclrec.com
- If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below:
Job Ref: E Riding RQ311097
Temporary Support Services Assistant – Sec/Admin [Enhanced DBS required] (IMMEDIATE START)
Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed.
Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs.
Important: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.