DPR is a fast growing Private Equity-backed leading provider of origination and servicing software solutions for banks, building societies and specialist lenders in the UK and Europe. Having received Private Equity investment in June 2017, we are seeking to accelerate our growth through acquisition as well as organic growth.
Our software solutions span residential and commercial mortgages, personal loans, equity release and savings and we are driven by a desire to maximise operational efficiency and drive down costs across the sector through the innovative use of technology.
Our clients range from large high-street names to smaller niche providers and challenger banks.
With over 120 people and growing, we are based in the City (St. Katherine Docks) with offices in Bristol and Delhi. DPR has been a Microsoft Gold Partner since 2003. (www.dpr.co.uk)
In order to support our constantly growing business, we are looking for a:
Technical Lead (Implementation)
Department: Production Support
To be part of the DPR Incident and Problem Management team providing Technical Application Support to DPR Clients in the day to day operation of their DPR systems, provide input to DPR project teams as an aspect of new Client set up and build out, perform the role of Implementation Engineer to for Project release of DPR builds (functional and non-functional) into Client environments as required.
Provide written Problem Reports and contribute to Client Monthly Service Reports and be a lead in documenting and maintaining documentation for non-functional system requirements.
To provide 24 x 7 support on a rota to Clients members as required.
To be an influential member of the DPR Incident and Problem Management team.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Reporting to Head of Production Support, working from the London Head Office, provide:-
- Technical Analysis support to the Production Support team and Project teams (non-functional) covering Operating System, Middleware and DPR Software for client Production systems
- To work
- To perform non-functional Quality Assurance assessments and review of clients systems
- To document and maintain document for non-functional system requirements
- To plan implementation of and subsequently to implement DPR Application Releases into Client environments
- Provide interface to Clients Technical Teams for non-functional support and advice
- To participate in technical Change Advice Boards (CAB) as required
- To keep abreast of current and emerging [relevant] technologies and provide forward thinking proposals for the ongoing provision of the DPR system operational areas
- Generate and manage knowledge feedback loop within DPR ensuring that all resolutions are centrally reported and knowledge is disseminated
- Provide [write] Knowledge Base articles, Technical Tips and other documentation as required
- Update and track Incident and Problem Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Provide monthly [periodic] Incident and Problem Management statistics
- Contribute/deliver to Client Monthly Service Reports
- Provide support to all other members of the team (both in hours and on call)
- To support Severity 1 Incident Manager
- Work closely with other Problem and Incident Managers
- Attend Client meetings as required
- Support DPR Senior Management as required
Required skills and experience:
- Experience of Application Support from a technical perspective
- Experience of direct Client contact
- Experience of Financial software support
- Technical knowledge of:
- Development architectures, preferably Microsoft, such as IIS, .Net, WebServices, etc.
- Understanding of referential database systems, preferably Microsoft
- Understanding of Windows operating systems
- Have worked within Windows physical and cloud based environments
- Understanding of XML structures and message exchange protocols
- Understanding of load balancers, firewalls and general network architectures
- Have been involved in CAB process
- Have maintained and written Standards and Technical procedure documentation
- Experience of dealing with clients and use of Ticket logging systems
- Excellent organisational and communications skills
- Interfacing with 3rd party application service providers
- This role requires a disciplined, thorough and meticulous individual
Beneficial skills and experience:
- An understanding of mortgages and savings is essential, in both Origination (New Business) and Servicing (on going Administration), preferably within the Residential, Consumer market.
- Experience of financial systems preferably mortgage and/or savings systems.
- Experience in a similar role in banking/financial services organisation
- Experience of direct Client management (or significant internal user base)
- Having worked supporting an online application in the financial services market