Abbott is a global healthcare company devoted to improving life through the development of products and technologies that span the breadth of healthcare. With a portfolio of leading, science-based offerings in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals, Abbott serves people in more than 150 countries and employs approximately 69,000 people.
ABBOTT IN IRELAND
In Ireland, Abbott employs almost 3,000 people across 11 sites. Abbott has six manufacturing facilities located in Clonmel, Cootehill, Donegal, Longford and Sligo and a third party manufacturing management operation in Sligo. It has commercial and support operations in Dublin and shared services in Dublin and Westport. Abbott serves the Irish market with a diverse range of health care products including diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic pharmaceuticals. Abbott has been operating in Ireland since 1946.
ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS DIVISION (ADD) LONGFORD
Abbott established the first diagnostics manufacturing facility in Sligo in 1994 to manufacture blood-screening products and reagents. In 2004, Abbott Diagnostics operations in Ireland expanded with the opening of a second facility in Longford. The plant was first occupied in December 2004. Manufacturing commenced in March of the following year and the first product (Architect TSH) was launched in December of 2005. The Longford facility plays a key role in helping Abbott to meet the increasing global demand for diagnostic testing in areas such as infectious disease, cancer, thyroid and cardiovascular diseases.
We currently have a vacancy for a SUPPLY CHAIN SPECIALIST and this role will involve the following:
- This position supports the diverse business units within Abbott Diagnostics Longford, working on a range of projects and core job responsibilities within Supply Chain
- Maintain ETMS To Do List.
- Conduct business in a manner that will protect human health, safety and the environment by complying with all applicable EHS laws as well as the Abbott Global and Technical Standards.
- Provide technical and/or business support to relevant Supply Chain operations as required.
- Review of existing processes with a view to participating in the development of new and innovative processes to deliver efficiencies.
- Working to business excellence standards and supporting the implementation of defined projects.
- Promote a culture of continuous improvement within Supply Chain.
- Participation in cross-functional teams.
Supervisory / Management Responsibility
- Works independently or Individual Contributor.
The following level of education provides a necessary foundation for this job function:
- A Third level qualification in Business / Science / Engineering / Supply Chain or Quality together with strong academic performance and extra-curricular achievement. This will provide the basic principles and analytical skills required to fulfil the function
AND / OR
- Experience in a similar role in a manufacturing environment (preference regulated environment) as this provides a good foundation for this job function.
The following experience provides a necessary foundation for this Job function:
- Leadership skills
- Good communication abilities
- Self Starter
- Goal Driven
This experience is necessary to ensure the skills; management expertise and problem
solving techniques have been acquired
- Works under general direction of Manager.
- Interact with management within Longford and across other Abbott Affiliates.