- Be part of an iconic Australian business
- Great opportunity to drive real change to our business
- Real career opportunity with continual development
Target is here for millions of Australians every day. We are a business with a rich history and an exciting future in retail, 90 years strong and still passionate about making fashion, style & quality affordable for our customers every day through our network of over 300 stores and rapidly growing online presence.
Our business is successful through the amazing people we have working for us. It’s an exciting time to join our iconic retail brand, Target is on a renewed journey and working as part of the Wesfarmers family this is your chance to join a business that is moving forward.
We are seeking an experienced Supply Chain Project Manager to join our Supply Chain Team based in our Store Support Office in North Geelong . Later this year we will be moving to a brand new purpose built facility in Williams Landing in Melbourne with flexible support in the interim to work between Geelong and our Distribution facility in Truganina.
About our Role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Supply Chain Project Manager to drive projects and initiatives that support our logistics operations. The Supply Chain Project Manager will have the ability to jump head-first into large and small scale projects and will require the strong capability of managing cross functional teams, coordinating workstream activities, drawing actionable insights based on the needs of complex business problems, and interacting daily with stakeholders from several teams.
Other key responsibilities may include:
- Lead and manage projects within Logistics as agreed including planning, management of scope specification and deliverables, monitoring the schedule and reporting
- Effectively implement Projects through consideration of change management impacts and undertake risk analysis to proactively manage communication and strategy to mitigate risks
- Undertake Post Implementation Reviews to leverage learning and experiences for future application
- Support a culture of continuous improvement throughout the entire Supply Chain network by seeking ongoing opportunities identified during the course of the projects
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
The ideal candidate will have tertiary qualification with demonstrable experience and understanding of project management principle. Experience in working with a diverse team is essential as is demonstrated experience in executing continuous improvement initiatives with strong ability to lead transformational change, strong commercial acumen and focus, and the ability to communicate with all parts of the business
Target values diversity and we pride ourselves on representing the diverse and multicultural communities of which we are a part.
Agencies will only be engaged if required. Please do not contact us or send applicants to us unless requested to by the Recruitment Team.
Lead the Target vision, strategy and values within the team and across the organisation
Advertised: 14 Aug 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 11 Sep 2018 AUS Eastern Standard Time