|Subway Sandwich ArtistEuro Garages 138 reviews
– Saltash PL12
£7.83 an hour – Part-time
Main purpose of job:
Sandwich Artists are front line brand ambassadors in what is a quick service food environment. It’s about making and delivery high quality products, ensuring that every customer feels welcomed and receives exceptional service with a friendly smile every time.
Food preparation, food safety and sanitation standards are a key focus for this role to ensure our products are delivered to the highest standards.
Key tasks and main duties
Getting the Job Done
- Ensure you clean and sanitize work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware as necessary
- Ensure that food will is stored in designated containers with correct labelling to prevent spoilage
- Know how to prepare a variety of foods such as, hot and cold sandwiches, salads and drinks according to specification following approved procedures
- Advise customers on products and up-sell where possible to drive sales
- Become an expert in the creation of all our products
- Ensure that the coffee machine is clean so as to serve the correct specifications
- Complete stock rotation as specified by our SUBWAY®partner
- Keep temperature records in line with procedure
- Display food appropriately in the relevant display equipment to specification
- Ensure that you weigh or measure ingredients for product excellence
- Remove rubbish and food waste as necessary
- Operate the cash register / handle money / give correct change in line with cash handling guidelines
- Follow reporting procedures when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low
- Work in compliance with Food Safety and Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- At all times you will represent the SUBWAY® brand in a positive, professional manner
Be an Ambassador of Customer Focus
- Love our customers as much as we do and want to ensure that they have a great experience when they come to our SUBWAY®
- Anticipate their needs to and be proactive in ensuring these are met
- Ensure a clear and tidy eating and serving area so that our customers have utmost confidence in us at all times
- Demonstrate such behaviours that our customers will always recommend us as a place to work and get served!
- Contribute to store goals for increasing sales and improving profit by actively up-selling
Be a Key Part of the Team
- It will be important to you that we succeed and so you will go the extra mile at all times to support your colleagues
- Provide cover at key busy times and when your colleagues may require holidays or be absent from work
- Work collaboratively across the whole site when required
- Even if you are working alone at times, you will engage with the rest of the site to ensure that everyone is able to complete their roles and help where possible
Be part of ‘One EG’
- Represent Euro Garages at all times as a role model of conduct and behaviour.
- Support the business and be willing to perform all task as required of you.
- Recognise that everyone has a role to play in Euro Garages and that we are all equal.
This list is not exhaustive and may be added to or amended from time to time.
- Compliance with Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Passing store evaluations.
- Customer feedback scores.
Responsible for staff
Skills and Aptitudes
Desire For The Role
Coping Under Pressure
Responsible to (reporting relationship)
Store Manager / Supervisor