Main purpose of job:
Our SUBWAY® Supervisors/Assistant Managers are key players in our SUBWAY® teams. They are the driving force behind the energy and enthusiasm our customers on the front line.
You will be responsible for ensuring our products are fresh, available and produced for the customer efficiently to the highest standards every time. You will have a real focus on customer service and will work tirelessly to motivate and develop the team.
In this role you will need to be energetic, confident and take initiative when running shifts and making decisions that impact store operations. You’ll be really on the ball with ensuring food preparation, food safety and sanitisation standards are a key focus for the team so that our customers receive high quality products without exception.
Key tasks and main duties
Getting the Job Done
- Actively involved in food preparation
- Ensure that the store looks presentable and clean
- Ensure clean and sanitized work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, or silverware
- Ensure that food is stored in designated containers with correct labelling to prevent spoilage
- Check and clean coffee machine in order to serve to correct specification.
- Ensure that stock rotation is completed as specified by SUBWAY®
- Ensure accurate records are kept in relation to stocks and wastage
- Assist the Store Manager with stock control and ordering when required
- Ensure waste is removed and waste storage is cleaned regularly so as to protect our food standards
- Check for and report any maintenance issues to your Site Manager
- Ensure cleaning schedules are in place and followed by colleagues in order to maintain high standards
- Ensure and maintain high standards of cleanliness and hygiene making routine checks in line with company procedures
- Ensure compliance with Food Safety and Health & Safety Policies and Procedures
- Ensure colleagues comply with uniform regulations
- Ensure colleagues are trained in relation to all policies and procedures and that these are being adhered to at all times
- Assist with rotas in line with labour % targets and budgeted hours
- Assist with cashing/banking summaries and reports and perform the relevant checks
Be an Ambassador of Customer Focus
- Love our customers as much as we do and want to ensure that they have a great experience when they come to our SUBWAY®
- Anticipate their needs to and be proactive in ensuring these are met
- Ensure a clear and tidy eating and serving area so that our customers have utmost confidence in us at all times
- Demonstrate such behaviours that our customers will always recommend us as a place to work and get served!
Leadership & being a Key Part of the Team
- It will be important to you that we succeed and so you will go the extra mile at all time to support your colleagues. You will lead from the front
- Provide cover at key busy times and when your colleagues may require holidays or be absent from work
- Work collaboratively across the whole site when required
- Even if you are working alone at times, you will engage with the rest of the site to ensure that everyone is able to complete their roles and help where possible
- Compliance with Food Safety and Health & Safety policies and procedures.
- Compliance with banking and finance procedures.
- Meeting sales targets.
- Passing store evaluations.
- Customer feedback scores.
Responsible for staff
Skills and Aptitudes
Desire For The Role
Responsible to (reporting relationship)
Store Manager / Area Manager