Sourcing Manager – Packaging
Perrigo Company plc is a leading global healthcare supplier that develops, manufactures and distributes over-the-counter (OTC) and prescription (Rx) pharmaceuticals, nutritional products, and active pharmaceutical ingredients (API). The company is the world’s largest manufacturer of OTC pharmaceutical products for the store brand market and an industry leader in pharmaceutical technologies.
Located in Perrigo’s Global Headquarters in Dublin 2, Ireland, the Sourcing Manager – Packaging will report into the Director of Packaging Procurement. This person will be the primary liaison between Perrigo and the supply base. The role will be part of the Packaging procurement team and will play a key part in the strategy of sourcing of packaging materials
The Global Procurement goal is to provide Best-In-Class (Quality/Cost/Service) global sourcing for all procured materials.
This will be accomplished through:
- Providing technical expertise and timely execution in new product launches
- Building productive relationships with Perrigo manufacturing sites and CMO’s
- Driving a “culture of quality” with suppliers
- Delivering “best total cost” through:
- Ensuring correct Quality standards are observed
- Bringing the highest service expectations for the business and internal customers
- Working with and monitoring KPI’s with strategic vendors
- Development of risk mitigation plans for Key suppliers and products
- Driving and implementing change within the business
- Exploring Innovation and “tomorrows technology” with Key vendors
- Spend analysis with quantitative skills and sound decision making to evolve strategies
- Excellent Relationship management skills
- Contract design & oversight
- Operations & technology optimization
- Supply Chain and Logistics
- Continuous Improvement utilizing Lean Sigma tools and processes
- Implementation of best practices
Requirements for the role include
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, Technical Field (Graduate Business Degree preferred)
- Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 7 years of experience in pharmaceuticals, fine chemicals, medical device or food industry, with past five years involved with sourcing/purchasing/supply chain.
- Exceptional communication (both oral and written) and presentation skills
- Must be able to work across all functions and levels of an organization, as well as in a global, culturally diverse environment
- Superior negotiating skills at executive management level
- Proven project management skills and demonstrable process implementation ability
- Problem solving, quantitative skills and decision-making talent
- Leadership skills with an ability to influence without authority
- Experience working with Contract Manufacturing or OEM.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements associated with pharmaceutical products.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in MS Office Suite (Excel, Power Point, Word)
Perrigo Company plc, a leading global healthcare company, delivers value to its customers and consumers by providing Quality Affordable…