|Software Maintenance EngineerRed Hat, Inc. 162 reviews
– Brisbane QLD
At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
Become part of a fast-paced, creative company that is changing the way software is developed, sold, and supported. The Red Hat Global Support Delivery team is looking for a Software Maintenance Engineer to join us in Brisbane, Australia. In this role, you will maintain close working relationships with our customers and assist our front-line support engineers with the most complex and meaningful issues. You’ll keep in contact with our Software Engineering team, allowing you to regularly work alongside some of the best open source developers in the world. You’ll help the Red Hat’s Global Support Delivery team resolve the issues of our enterprise customers quickly and effectively. As a Software Maintenance Engineer, you will also help the team provide high-level technical support and sustaining engineering services designed to improve uptime and reduce IT costs.
- Resolve complex customer problems within Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) and identity and access management
- Use available tools to investigate and fix technical issues
- Record customer interactions to include investigation, troubleshooting, and the resolution of issues
- Work closely with Red Hat’s production support engineers, technical account managers, and development engineers
- Demonstrate considerable judgement in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Manage workload to ensure that all customer issues are handled in a timely manner and resolved
- Analyze upstream development against current customer reported defects; develop patches to resolve issues
- Assist in the development of comprehensive and reusable self-service solutions for future incidents
- Solid experience in identity and access management within a large scale enterprise environment, supporting technologies and frameworks like Microsoft Active Directory and Red Hat Identity Manager (LDAP, Kerberos, DNS, PKI, etc.)
- Deep understanding of system management portfolios including familiarity with administering Linux systems, mass installation, upgrades, configuration management, and patch management and maintenance
- Record of solving complex problems efficiently; ability to write code using Ruby, Python, Java, or PHP
- Proven troubleshooting skills; creative problem-solver capable of working under minimal supervision
- Committed to providing the best experience possible for Red Hat’s customers
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science or other technical discipline, or equivalent work experience
The following will be considered a plus:
- Identity Management development experience
- Familiarity with setting up and maintaining databases using MySQL, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Upstream involvement in open source projects like patches submitted for upstream inclusion
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Red Hat doffs its cap to businesses that embrace open-source computing tools. The company dominates the market for Linux, the open-source…