Hourly Rate (if applicable):
Oversees shift operations of the Salida Distribution Center, including warehousing, inventory, and order fulfillment. Plans, organizes, staffs, directs and controls activities which impact the operations at the facility. Ensures appropriate controls are strictly adhered to, assets are kept secure always; and employees perform at a very safe and high level of performance.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Directs the efficient fulfillment of customer orders, utilizing the SAP system for the processing of shipping documents, the staging and loading of customer orders.
- Manages labor hours by conducting labor analysis to improve efficiency.
- Ensures documented inventory management techniques and procedures are employed and employees are well trained and capable of accurately executing incoming, outgoing or other inventory transactions.
- Plans, directs and provides oversight of warehouse operations and activities to meet productivity and service objectives.
- Operates in compliance with Federal, state and local statutes.
- Ensures employees comply with all company policies, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and adherence to safety rules and regulations always promoting a zero-harm environment.
- Directs the warehouse staff in a team-like effort toward common objectives.
- Applies sound motivational and correctional techniques, including employee counseling and disciplinary action as appropriate.
- Stays abreast of employee contributions and potential growth so that opportunities for greater contribution can be capitalized.
- Ensures housekeeping and cleanliness of facility is maintained to meet established Food Safety expectations ensuring favorable results on all internal and third-party audits.
- Develops and trains employees on required routines to ensure Master Cleaning Schedules are performed as determined.
- Perform minor pest control duties and maintain documentation for the facility as required.
- This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS
Minimum level of education required
- Bachelor’s Degree
Minimum number of year(s) of experience required in addition to education plus type(s) of functional experience
- 3 years of warehouse or shipping/distribution management experience.
Other required type(s) of functional experience (e.g. Production/Operations, Accounting, Forklift Operator, Inventory Control, etc.)
- Must be able to obtain and maintain forklift certification.
- Overtime as necessary is a requirement to the performance of this position.
- Must be able to lift min. 50 lb.
- Excellent communication skills to work with others within the department to coordinate shipment and distribution of product.
Total minimum number of years of experience required in lieu of degree (if applicable)
- 8 years of warehouse or shipping/distribution experience.
Other job requirements (e.g. certifications/licenses, CPG experience, work overtime/weekends, etc.)
- Ability to work multiple shifts (Days/Swing etc.).
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES (Specialized education, specific software experience, etc.)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or Supply Chain Logistics.
- 5 years in Supervisory role within a Distribution Center.
Typical number of Direct Reports
- Greater than 15
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The position involves sitting, walking and lifting.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to herbal aromas and airborne particles. Employee is required to wear a dust mask and eye protection when needed. Must be able to work in a cold environment being exposed to refrigerated warehouse conditions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually loud. Employee is required to wear hearing protection.
Bachelors, High School/GED