|Service Technician TEMPOSI Systems, Inc.
At Spacelabs Healthcare, we are on a mission to provide continuous innovation in healthcare technology for better clinical and economic outcomes. Our scalable solutions deliver critical patient data across local and remote systems, enable better-informed decisions, increase efficiencies, and create a safer environment for patients.
Why work at Spacelabs? Because lives depend on you!
This internal Service role satisfies customer demand for after sales support on our recording products, including the direct provision of maintenance and repair along with telephone and training support.
- Provide a flexible response to the varying peaks and troughs in work load caused by breakdown and maintenance demand.
- Ensure that the company provides effective responses/solutions to reports of problems/ faults on recording equipment within the agreed response times.
- Operates within the guidelines and practices of Spacelabs Healthcare.
- Actively support the promotion of the products and services of Spacelabs Healthcare and maximise the financial return to Spacelabs.
- Compilation of Recording equipment fault data and communication of this and other pertinent information to other departments within the company in a professional manner.
- To continue enhancing the Spacelabs Customer Service reputation for providing ‘Caring, effective, long-term product after sales support’ which distinguishes us from our competition
- Uphold the Company’s core values of Integrity, Innovation, Accountability, and Teamwork.
- Demonstrate behavior consistent with the Company’s Code of Ethics and Conduct.
- It is the responsibility of every Spacelabs Healthcare employee to report to their manager or a member of senior management any quality problems or defects in order for corrective action to be implemented and to avoid recurrence of the problem.
- Duties may be modified or assigned at any time to meet the needs of the business.
- BTEC in electronics/electrical engineering
- Excellent engineering capability
- Good communication and organisational skills
- Sound judgement is required in the analysis of technical, operational and logistic problems
OTHER WORK REQUIREMENTS:
- Successful completion of Spacelabs training required (including training done at Company location)
- Must become fully competent in the application and operation of all products in all care areas
- Maintain demo inventory in salable condition, including proper storage, movement and record keeping
OSI Systems, Inc. has three operating divisions: (a) Security, providing security and inspection systems, turnkey security screening solutions and related services; (b) Healthcare, providing patient monitoring, diagnostic cardiology and anesthesia systems; and (c) Optoelectronics and Manufacturing, providing specialized electronic components and electronic manufacturing services for original equipment manufacturers with applications in the defense, aerospace, medical and industrial markets, among others.