|The Cloud Services team develops software to run MongoDB at global scale.
Our software and services allow users to deploy fault-tolerant, globally distributed MongoDB clusters in minutes. Ops Manager ( https://www.mongodb.com/products/ops-manager ) is our tool for the establishing, monitoring and managing MongoDB clusters both in-house and on cloud platforms.
As a server-side engineer, you will work on the core functionality for all of our cloud products, writing code that helps store petabytes of data all over the world, touching millions of users daily. Ops Manager customers are some of the largest businesses in the world, deploying massive clusters and processing huge amounts of data.
- Are well-organised and comfortable prioritising & acting on multiple tasks concurrently
- Are flexible! You’ll be joining a small team, so must be willing to take on a wide variety of responsibilities, learning as you go
- Have experience working with remote teams
- Design, implement, test and release features for Ops Manager and related products
- Work in an agile team environment with a close relationship with the customer
- Incrementally ship elements of complex projects
- Apply our core values ( https://www.mongodb.com/company ) to your work; be it in planning, design, outreach or coding
- Assist our Ops & Support Engineers troubleshoot operational issues with customers
- 5+ years of experience building full-stack web applications, multi-threading, asynchronous and/or distributed systems
- Experience working with systems in production
Nice to haves
- Experience with MongoDB or other sharded/distributed datastores
- Comfortable with modern frontend web development (we use backbone & react)
- Familiarity running services on Cloud Infrastructure – AWS, Google Cloud (GCP), Azure, and/or using Containers & Container Orchestration platforms (Docker, Kubernetes, OpenShift, CloudFoundry)
- Some experience writing software for and administering Windows & Linux
- Building Cloud Tools for MongoDB – Cory Mintz, MongoDB ( https://www.mongodb.com/world16/schedule?day=tuesday&session=5735ea841b55a2267841cb03 )
- Ops Manager API, Puppet & OpenStack – Naama Bamberger & Einav Rivni, Cisco ( https://www.mongodb.com/world16/schedule?day=tuesday&session=56a6ebb06d6f6e6ab9860000 )
- Full-Scan Frenzy at Amadeus – Laurent Dollé, Attila Tozser, Nicolas Motte & Antoine Home, Amadeus ( https://www.mongodb.com/presentations/full-scan-frenzy-at-amadeus )
– original job
Please review all application instructions before applying to MongoDB.
What on Earth is MongoDB? Only the coolest collection of dreamers and doers who share a relentless passion for creativity. We eagerly and…