For a Senior Associate aiming to join a major international law firm, this role offers career progression and prestige to support your success in the industry.
Coming onboard at a Senior level, you’ll be the second-in-charge for the team and next in line to progress to Partner level yourself. The aim is for you to take on a technical leadership function, jointly-responsible for client management and the ongoing development & mentoring of the group of Associates.
The Partner you’ll work with has been consistently named as one of the best in the defence of medical practitioners, hospitals and insurers for litigated and non-litigated claims of negligence, malpractice, and indemnity.
Working closely with this Partner, you’ll be well placed to progress your career with the numerous support platforms and leadership programs that have been designed to encourage internal staff progression. You will be well supported in building your staff management skills and client portfolio.
Focussing specifically on the medical negligence and indemnity area, you’ll be engaged in:
- Conduct of complex medical negligence litigation (such as catastrophic injury, birth asphyxia and ‘wrongful birth’ cases)
- Providing advice to the VMIA, hospitals and individual medical practitioners about liability, quantum, risk and strategic management of claims
- Review of hospital guidelines and policies to provide advice in relation to compliance
- Conduct of coronial investigations and inquests, and complaints to the Health Services Commissioner
- Advising on legal and insurance issues relating to clinical research trials
- Policy interpretation and advice
If you’re interested in learning more or applying to this position, please feel free to call through on the below numbers, email your query or hit the APPLY button to commence the process. Your information will be held confidentially and not sent anywhere without your explicit consent.
Jon Riley – Partner
ALRA | Australia’s Leading Recruitment Agency
Office: 1300 002 572
Mobile: 0419 927 317