Senior Accountant, Aurora, NC
Why work at Nutrien? Great question!
Safety is a core value at Nutrien. Keeping every employee safe, healthy and secure is our top priority. Nothing is more important than seeing our people go home safe at the end of every single day.
While working here you will have the opportunity to grow your career while helping us feed the future. We pride ourselves in hiring from a variety of backgrounds and truly believe that it is our differences that make us stronger so we hope you will join us.
In addition to exciting and challenging opportunities, Nutrien offers competitive salaries, great benefits and performance based incentives.
Outside of the skills and necessary qualifications, you will be committed to sustaining our safe and positive work environment while welcoming working side by side others in a diverse culture. Culture at Nutrien is the core of everything we do and all employees are respectful of diverse opinions and views.
The Accountant V reports to the Accounting Supervisor.
- Maintains a safe office environment as well as informing subordinates of safety and environmental regulations.
- Complies with all company standards, policies and procedures including Code of Conduct, SHE policies, accounting policies and any other applicable standards.
- Obtains and maintains a thorough understanding of financial reporting and the general ledger structure.
- Routinely review production and costing with production managers and staff. Isolate and explain variances from budget and plan in a timely manner.
- Validates the accuracy of the month end material balance reporting system and the monthly forecast Material Balance Reports.
- Reconciles product inventories as reported by the plants vs MSS vs the OPM product costing system.
- Verifies physical flows of inventory vs. the purchased product system.
- Performs analysis of budget, actual and forecast spending and review both Operations and Maintenance production costs and variances.
- Maintains and updates production cost forecasts.
- Verifies production volume flows. Ensures the accuracy of spending and the resulting production costs per ton which are critical to our proper business management.
- Assists with the accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting within corporate deadlines. Including but not limited to: variable, fixed and non-cash costs; tracking of controllable versus non-controllable expenses for reporting to management.
- Assists the Accounting Supervisor in the daily accounting activities and provides backup during absence.
- Works with the Chief Accountant to ensure clean and timely interim and year end audits.
- Works with senior management, internal and external audit staff, and state and federal reporting agencies.
- Must be PC proficient and able to thrive in a fast-paced setting.
- Experience with Oracle, or other large automated accounting system a plus.
- Must have strong experience with Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory skills required.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure, and meet deadlines required.
Nutrien is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We encourage applications from all well qualified candidates who reflect the diversity of the regions where we operate. This includes recognizing the voluntary identification of status such as gender, sexual orientation, visible minority, Indigenous status, persons with disabilities, and veterans, where applicable.
If this sounds like a good match, apply now. You may be required to undergo a background check and substance test in accordance with Nutrien policies.
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet