GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Security Specialist provides a system of accountability and continuous supervision of the adult offender population by monitoring all residential activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures security for all staff, residents, and facilities to ensure community safety.
- Processes new client intakes into the residential facility by explaining facility rules and conducting inventory of client’s property. Conducts out processing of clients by completing the proper paperwork and conducting inventory of the client’s property.
- Enforces the Conditions and Expectations guidelines through area and accountability checks, conducting offsite phone checks and monitoring activities on facility grounds.
- Observes the collection of client specimens for analysis.
- Performs Alco-Sensor tests to meet operating standards when clients are under suspicion of drug and/or alcohol abuse.
- Randomly conducts personal and room searches to verify the presence of each client and detection contraband items, which can include contraband searches including the use of canines.
- Provides detailed documentation of client violation of Conditions and Expectations, medical incident reports, critical incident reports and documentation of positive recognition through company computer program.
- Monitors medication intake and conducts medication compliance audits to ensure accuracy of stock.
- Manages the cleanliness of grounds and buildings to include resident rooms’ and reports any deficiencies for repair.
- Conducts monthly evacuation drills as scheduled.
- Tracks daily client movement through logging phone calls via computerized data entry system. Facilitates and verifies resident movement through biometric verification.
- Runs daily and weekly reports as needed.
- Operates with a level of integrity to comply with all Federal, State and County compliance standards to include the Prison Rape Elimination Act (PREA).
- Adheres to Evidence Based Practices.
- Conducts transportation of clients, to include picking up new residents form referral agencies.
- Provides First Responder medical attention to include CPR, 1st Aid, AED and Narcan administration if applicable.
- Conducts administrative reviews and hearings.
- Ensures compliance with CORE correctional practices.
- Acts as a liaison between case management, on-call departments, and clients.
- Monitors cameras to supplement staff presence within the environment
- Employs appropriate utilization of de-escalation tactics to include problem solving and Motivational Interviewing techniques to resolve conflict.
- Performs other job related duties as required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work Environment: This job operates in a correctional residential setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners and fax machines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk and sit for various amounts of time. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work: This is a full-time position functioning in a 24/7 operation. Shifts are eight (8) hours in length and hours and days of work may vary depending on operational requirements.
Travel: Some light travel may be required for this position for trainings, transports, etc. and to various facilities. All travel must be pre-approved by management.
PRE-EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT (Please read before signing)
I understand that the organization will rely, in part, on the information I provide in this Employment Application in considering whether to hire me. I understand that it is important that I provide complete and accurate information and certify that I have done so. If the organization discovers at any time that I failed to completely and honestly provide any information requested of me in this Employment Application or during the interview process, I understand that my application will no longer be considered or, if I am working for the organization, that I will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
The organization is committed to compliance with the provisions of this nation’s immigration laws regarding verification of employment eligibility. Any offer of employment will be contingent upon your ability to provide legally sufficient documentation showing your eligibility to be employed by this organization. Applicants or employees that present fraudulent documents for employment verification purposes will be terminated.
I authorize the organization to contact anyone that it deems appropriate to verify the information I have provided or to further investigate my background, past performance and suitability for employment. I consent to being discussed by any person contacted by the organization and waive all rights to bring any action for defamation, invasion of privacy or any similar claim against anyone that provides information to the organization with a good faith belief that the information provided is true. I understand that the organization may choose to obtain background information about me from a consumer reporting agency. Before requesting a report from a consumer reporting agency, the organization will ask for my authorization. I understand that if I refuse to provide such authorization, my application for employment will not be considered.
I understand that this Employment Application is not an offer of employment. I understand that nothing contained in this Employment Application creates a contract between the organization and me for employment or any other benefit. No promises regarding employment have been made and I understand that no such promise or guarantee is binding upon the organization.
I understand that if I am hired, I will be an employee “at will,” meaning I am not hired for any definite length of time and either I or the organization can terminate my employment at any time for any or no reason.
If employed, I understand and agree that the organization retains the sole right in its business judgment to modify, suspend, interpret, or cancel, in whole or in part, at any time, with or without any notice, any published or unpublished policy, practice, procedure, process, or benefit.
If employed, I understand that I may be required to comply with federal and/or state Drug Free Workplace Laws and regulations. I understand and agree to comply with such laws.
If employed, I understand that as a condition of employment that I may be required to agree to and sign the organization’s confidentiality, non-compete, and/or other similar agreements. I also agree to notify the organization during the pre-employment process of any confidentiality, non-compete, and/or other similar agreements that I may have already signed with current and/or former employers.