Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine – Philadelphia, PA 19131 (Wynnefield area)
For more than a century, Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine (PCOM) has trained highly competent, caring physicians, health practitioners and behavioral scientists who practice a “whole person” approach — treating people, not just symptoms.
At the main campus in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania and the branch campus in Suwanee, Georgia, PCOM students learn to approach problem solving in a more professional, more team-oriented manner, which prepares them to work successfully in integrated healthcare settings with other health professionals. Both campuses feature modern facilities and state-of-the-art technologies, all part of an innovative learning environment designed for collaboration and interaction.
Job Type (Employment Type):
General – Secretary
Level of Education:
High School Degree
Performs secretarial duties such as typing, filing, composing letters, interfacing with personnel and the public, scheduling meetings, answering telephones, distributing mail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Greets visitors and send to appropriate individuals
- Answers Academic Affairs suite telephones (where appropriate) and sends calls to appropriate individuals
- Sort and distribute mail
- Complete Military Reimbursement Forms for Military students
- Maintain conference room scheduling
- Any other work that can be handled at the front desk (mailings, proofing/collating exams, commencement projects, etc.)
- Works with Assistant to VP of Graduate Programs & Planning on graduate programs commencement.
- Handle all maintenance request for suite
- Support person for the Clinical Mentoring Program
- Maintain water supply for the office
- Handle weekly office staff schedules
- Run copier counter report for print shop
- Maintain front desk rotation schedule and distribute to those on the list
- Organize suite holiday party/lunch
- Overall support for other Academic Affairs and Clinical Education Suite personnel.
- Coordinate logistics of new persons in suite (furniture, clean office, telephone, computer & IT)
- Maintains office supply inventory
- Enhance professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested.
High school diploma or general education diploma (G.E.D) required
Computer Programs required: Microsoft Office, Excel, Adobe
Minimum of 3 years secretarial experience
Certifications, Licenses, Registrations
- Willingness to do work for anyone in the suite who may have work to be done and a “team
player” attitude is important. We have to cover jobs for each other on a regular basis
and help others who may be overloaded with work. Priorities are set by the Office Manager.
3 Professional References, prior supervisors preferred
Other jobs you may like
SecretaryBrennan & Company CPA Philadelphia, PA2 hours ago
Billing SecretaryNorth Philadelphia Health System Philadelphia, PA30+ days ago
PRN SecretaryUniversity of Pennsylvania Health System Philadelphia, PA30+ days ago
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed