SALARY RANGE: $17.78 per hour paid bi-weekly
FINANCE NUMBER: 568340
Persons Eligible to Apply
All U.S. Citizens, permanent resident aliens, citizens of American Samoa or any other territory owing allegiance to the United
States. Applicants must be available for screening activities, including an interview. Applicants entitled to veterans’
preference and/or covered by the Veterans Employment Opportunity Act may apply for any posted position.
Applicants must apply online at www.usps.com/employment to be considered for this employment opportunity. You must
have a valid email address to apply as communication regarding employment opportunities, examinations, interviews and
background checks will be conveyed by email. Please add the following email domain addresses to your contact list to allow
all correspondences to be received.
@usps.gov @psionline.com @geninfo.com @uspis.gov
EXAM REQUIRED: If you are invited to take this test, instructions regarding the exam process will be sent to you via email.
Please ensure you can receive email messages from our test vendor and follow instructions carefully so you can be
considered for this employment opportunity.
NOTICE SCREENINGS REQUESTED: You may receive multiple requests for background checks in regards to this
employment opportunity. Respond to all requests quickly as we anticipate filling our vacancies quickly and nonresponses
may result in disqualification for this opportunity.
Current non-career Postal Service employees who wish to apply for this vacancy must go to usps.com/employment and use
your existing eCareer Profile to apply. Do not log into LiteBlue; if you logged into LiteBlue, log out and close your browser
before going to usps.com/employment.
Cases, delivers, and collects mail along a prescribed rural route using a vehicle; provides customers on the route with a
variety of services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Sorts mail in delivery sequence for the assigned route.
2. Receives and signs for accountable mail.
3. Loads mail in vehicle.
4. Delivers mail to customers along a prescribed route and on a regular schedule by a vehicle; collects monies and receipts
for accountable mail; picks up mail from customers’ roadside boxes.
5. Sells stamps, stamped paper and money orders; accepts C.O.D., registered, certified, and insured mail and parcel post;
furnishes routine information concerning postal matters and provides requested forms to customer.
6. Returns mail collected, undeliverable mail, and submits monies and receipts to post office.
7. Prepares mail for forwarding amd maintains records of change of address information.
8. Prepares a daily trip report and maintains a list of the customers on the route.
9. Conducts special surveys when required.
10. Maintains an inventory of stamps and stamped paper as needed to provide service to customers on the route.
11. Provides for mail security at all times.
Rural Carrier Associates are non-career employees who provide customers along a rural route a variety of services including
delivering and collecting mail and selling stamps, supplies and money orders. Desirable candidates may be required to have
a vehicle suitable for use and live within easy commuting distance of the facility location.