Global Business Operations (GBO) is the operational backbone of Fidelity International, crucial to the accurate, timely and efficient administration of our funds. Located in several global locations, including Dublin, we provide the middle and back office functions for the company ranging from trade settlement, corporate action processing and NAV generation, through to the production of reports and accounts for our funds. In an industry that is becoming ever more complex it’s essential that we are able to be creative and adaptable in the services and solutions we offer. With this in mind, our mission is to add value in every aspect of investment administration by delivering excellent service with a combination of innovative flexible solutions, outstanding knowledge resources and total commitment to our company goals.
We achieve this by:
- Providing a challenging and rewarding environment for our people
- Working with customers on timely, cost effective and creative solutions
- Constantly improving customer service delivery with strategic, scalable solutions in a risk-controlled environment
GBO Risk support all the GBO teams in all aspects of Risk and ensuring that appropriate controls are in place to assist with mitigation of errors.
The successful candidate will be involved in all aspects of GBO risk management. The main objective being to help ensure that all GBO risks are understood and mitigated through appropriate controls.
What you can expect
- Management of errors and incidents involving GBO and follow up of critical mitigating actions
- Maintain the GBO Risk framework and error reporting policy
- Ensuring Risk Awareness across all of the teams within GBO
- Select key processes for control risk assessment, perform reviews, identify areas of weakness and recommend control improvements
- Preparation and presentation of Risk Management Reports
- Responsible for periodic Operational Risk reporting and MI production
- Operational risk incident capture and root cause analysis.
- Support major GBO projects by providing upfront risk analysis and ongoing support as required
- Perform process control risk reviews identifying areas of weakness and recommending control improvements
- Maintain the GBO business issue/error tracking and resolution programme providing challenge and recommendations where appropriate
- Assist with the rollout of BWise system
- Organise and chair monthly Risk meetings with GBO Department Heads
- Liaise with key stakeholders including Fund Trustees Central Risk, Internal Audit, Business compliance and Risk Champions in other areas
Who you are
- Knowledge of the investment management or wider financial services industry.
- Experience in Risk including relevant risk qualifications, or proven detailed operational experience
- Knowledge of Risk Control Self Assessments (RCSA) is helpful but not required
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of personnel
- Proven ability to prioritise and organise own time
- Self-starter/motivator – dynamic approach with a strong desire to make things happen
- Ability to think through issues and sees things to resolution
- Problem Analysis
- Stakeholder and Customer Management – ensuring delivery of excellence
- Influencing and negotiation
- Envisions the Strategy – Implements strategies to achieve and sustain competitive advantage
- Flexibility and Adaptability
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be part of our future at: