We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Reconciliations Officer to join our Reconciliations Team on a 12 Month Contract at our global head office in Abbotsford!
The reconciliations team forms an important part of the Finance Department and is responsible for reconciling all bank accounts involved in holder payments. These payments primarily include; Dividends, Corporate Actions, Dissenter, Fixed Interest, Warrants, Dealing and Plans accounts.
The purpose of the reconciliation team is to prevent fraud or financial liability to Computershare and to provide a service for our clients. Reconciliations ensure that records are up-to-date so that they can be used with confidence by other departments within Computershare.
The Reconciliation Officers are responsible for performing bank reconciliations and related activities for all assigned reconciliations. The main focus is ensuring that reconciliations are completed within service level agreements and are effective as a key control over cash transactions. This includes ensuring that rigorous follow ups occur across all reconciling items.
This particular role will be well suited to a candidate who has strong systems knowledge, and who has had some level of project management experience within the reconciliations space.
The key responsibilities of this role include (but are not limited to):
- Reconciling all system based and manual reconciliations as per Service Level Agreements
- Ensuring that all aged, outstanding items are investigated and cleared
- Ensuring that all Computershare risk, controls and compliance processes are complied
- Identifying and escalating areas of risk or problems to line managers and/or Team Leaders as appropriate
- Establishing and maintaining documented process/procedure manuals of all processes within the reconciliation function
- Stakeholder management
- Providing accurate and timely daily, weekly and monthly reporting
- Experience working in high volume reconciliations
- Excellent excel & PC modelling skills (Pivot Tables, V look ups etc.)
- Previous experience in a project based reconstruction of recs role.
- Strong analytical and time management skills to achieve successful outcomes in a timely manner
- Effective stakeholder management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- The ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
What we can offer you:
- The opportunity to work for a large global corporation (over 16,000 employees) and the opportunity for career progression
- Great discounts and benefits from various companies as well as access to our Employee Share Plan
- A wide variety of internal training courses supported by our Learning and Development team
- A supportive working environment, with friendly peers and management
- An onsite Gym and Café
- Based on the Yarra River in Abbotsford with easy access to parks and to many bicycle and walking paths and also public transport
Computershare (ASX:CPU) is a global market leader in transfer agency and share registration, employee equity plans, proxy solicitation and stakeholder communications. We also specialise in corporate trust, mortgage, bankruptcy, class action, utility and tax voucher administration, and a range of other diversified financial and governance services.
Founded in 1978, Computershare is renowned for its expertise in high integrity data management, high volume transaction processing and reconciliations, payments and stakeholder engagement.
Many of the world’s leading organisations use us to streamline and maximise the value of relationships with their investors, employees, creditors and customers. Computershare is represented in all major financial markets and has over 16,000 employees worldwide.
To apply click on the apply button and follow the application process.
Applicants need to hold Australian Citizenship or a Permanent Residency.
We want every person who joins our team, every customer and every supplier to feel welcome. We see diversity as a source of strength – the more perspectives we have, the better equipped we?ll be to meet the demands of our diverse global customer base. We believe in equality for everyone, regardless of age, ethnicity, gender identity, race, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Please go to our website to read our Diversity and Inclusion Policy.
| CERTAINTY | INGENUITY | ADVANTAGE |