|Project Mgmt Analyst SrCHS Corporate 15 reviews
– Franklin, TN
Community Health Systems, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization’s affiliates own, operate or lease 137 hospitals in 21 states with approximately 24,000 licensed beds. Affiliated hospitals are dedicated to providing quality healthcare for local residents and contribute to the economic development of their communities. Based on the unique needs of each community served, these hospitals offer a wide range of diagnostic, medical and surgical services in inpatient and outpatient settings.
The Program Management Organization (PMO) Sr. Project Management Analyst is responsible for providing IS project and program management leadership and analytical support. The PMO- Sr. Project Management Analysts are accountable for providing support to Projects and Programs in terms of managing, planning, and monitoring key projects from conception through implementation. They also assist in preparing various reports that cover forecast reports, budget status, and other Project and Program management related reports.This position closely interfaces with internal and external resource including business owners, end users, technical staff, consultants and vendors. The scope of work includes performing and facilitating complex company-wide IS project and program management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Responsible for significant, company-wide projects, typically with large budgets and sizeable staff, focused on meeting project commitments, including communications with sponsors, stakeholders and team members ; this role will not necessarily have strategic or operational responsibilities except as directed by management. Spends the majority of time on project management responsibilities. Leads the planning and implementation phases of Projects and Programs that typically affect many users.
- Provide analysis and assistance in planning and organizing projects and Programs that impact or enhance the company’s strategic objectives; to monitor all Project and Program schedules so as to ensure that Projects and Programs are completed on or before projected completion dates; collects and analyzes all necessary data including financial and performance Indicators, for resolution of problems, issues, risks and concerns affecting the Projects and Programs.
- Develop positive relationships with business partners. Work with the business areas and teams to ensure that requirements are documented, and agreed upon prior to project initiation. Work with the business areas to establish project timelines, scope, resources and effort. Articulate the business impact including workload, cost, limitations and risk.
- Provide IS project management support and consulting. Assist and advise IS project sponsors and teams to the best use of project management tools, methodologies, disciplines and approaches. Help ensure consistent use of PPM tools, methodologies and processes to support achievement of business objectives through successfully planned and executed projects and programs.
- Develop and Implement with PMO Director and PMO Manager a PMO training curriculum, development framework and process to enhance the Project and Program Management skills of the organization.
- Help IS leaders on resource planning, report and manage issues relating to any critical resource conflicts. Take a leadership role in exploring and analyzing new services, application functions and technologies, assist in ROI research and Benefits realization estimates and planning as directed.
- Share lessons learned and best practices across IS programs. Build relationships with IS stakeholders at all levels. Mentor less experienced project managers.
- Participate in annual IS budgeting and planning, assist IS leaders to ensure that capital and expense spend are in alignment with budget and forecast.
- Strong relationship and project/program management skills – must possess the ability to interface and influence all levels of the organization and across functional boundaries. Must be able to effectively present information, influence, persuade and effectively respond to questions from various stakeholders.
- This position requires the ability to write routine reports and correspondence. This position further requires the ability to speak effectively before groups of managers and employees in the organization.
- Customer service skills and ability to work with people at all levels of the organization required.
- Planning and organization – strong time management and planning skills to coordinate and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously while adapting to changes in business requirements in a fast-paced environment.
- Teamwork – must be able to lead inter-company and cross-functional teams to meet objectives.
- Dynamic personality that is not afraid to challenge others in a professional manner.
- Analytical skills – must possess strong self-sufficient technical problem solving and decision making skills. Strong attention to details.
- Accountability – must take responsibility for own actions and results with adherence to the highest standards of ethics and integrity.
- Strong project management skills. Experienced in organizing, planning and executing large-scale IS projects from vision to implementation, involving internal personnel, contractors, and business partners. Ability to analyze project needs and determine resources needed to meet objectives.
- Ability to operate successfully in a corporate and divisional, matrix environment.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Ability to achieve results through influence and persuasion.
- Proven planning, organization, financial and project management skills with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to create, articulate and execute strategies aligned to company objectives.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or related field from a four-year college or university.
- 4 years of experience in Project Management, with at least 2 of those years managing IS projects. Healthcare industry experience is preferred.
- Able to work effectively and efficiently toward goals in a complex, diverse environment with multiple and changing demands. Known for effective leadership of project resources and project staff. Passion for stakeholder and customer satisfaction by successfully planning and executing Projects and Programs.
- Project Management methodology experience with Waterfall/PMBOK, Agile or Scrum.
- Project related budget development and administration.
Certificates and Licenses:
- PMP Certification acquired or pursuing is highly desirable
- ITIL certification acquired or pursuing is highly desirable
Job IS Staff / Data Processing
Primary LocationTN-Franklin (Nashville Region)
Organization CHS Corporate
Working Location Carothers
Shift Day Shift
Forecasted paid hours per shift 8
Forecasted hours per pay week 40
Employee Status Full-time
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed