FIL GBO Technology Group is responsible for providing IT solutions to the Global Business Operations (GBO) group across FIL locations. The GBO group comprises of a number of departments and services that are already in existence (Transaction Processing, Fund Accounting, Asset Servicing, Asset Valuation, Data Management and Operational Support). The GBO Technology group supports existing applications as well as building new applications & services as envisaged.
Purpose of your role
This is an internal customer facing and delivery focussed role with responsibility for the end to end delivery of technology change for the GBO business. This role will be focussed on both delivering new application services to existing customers along with the enhancement and maintenance of current services.
Working for the Programme Manager you will be responsible for managing the delivery programme for technology products, working with business stakeholders to define a technology roadmap.
This is a high profile, highly visible role within a demanding technology environment, driving a cultural shift towards innovation and would suit a high energy individual with strong delivery skills backed up with a strong understanding of Asset Management.
- Take ownership and delivery responsibility for key, large scale projects within the GBO portfolio, and maintain a release schedule for each product line.
- Deliver technology solutions which are aligned to our strategic roadmap and long term Business needs
- Align with our Business and lead our technology teams to ensure that solutions are robust and appropriate
- Work with the Programme Manager to ensure that key initiatives are fully integrated into the overall plan of activities for the GBO portfolio
- Contribute to the establishment of best practices within the group across new builds and existing applications/ services
- Foster an environment of innovation, close collaboration and evolution in line with key organisation drivers
- Support the organisational adoption of Agile delivery methodology within both our Technology and Business areas
- As a project manager provide direction to GBO technology delivery and support functions, within a matrix environment
- Identify, communicate and implement appropriate mitigation for project risks and dependencies
- Manage project budgets, ensuring actuals and forecasts are tracked.
- Schedule and run a regular product steering committee.
- Identify key resource requirements, ensuring adequate plans for the recruitment, development and retention of the appropriately skilled resources. Identify future resourcing needs both in terms of skills and numbers, ensure pipeline of resources matches future demand
- Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with senior leadership within both GBO and the wider FIL organisation
- Strong project management skills gained in a change management environment as demonstrated by ability to manage projects with senior stakeholders and influence decisions and outcomes
- Strong analysis and problem solving experience within an asset management environment as demonstrated through proactive identification of issues and definition of solutions or requirements
- Ability to develop successful working relationships in support of individual initiatives across Global Business Operations and the wider enterprise as demonstrated by formal and informal feedback
- Ability to identify project benefits
- Ability to challenge and question key stakeholders
- Ability to deal successfully with ambiguity and draw out the issues to be addressed
- Proactively drives their own workload and manages their own time
- Able to act as a business advocate with strong verbal and written communication skills
Your skills and experience
- Experience of working as a Project Manager within a technology organisation
- Background in software Product Management and skilled in defining and prioritising feature backlogs
- Previous success working with Agile delivery methods, essential to have delivered an Agile project
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to navigate complex decision points
- Experience of delivering change to both internally built and vendor supplied solutions
- In depth knowledge and experience of managing and delivering technology change within an offshore model
- Strong leadership and communication skills, with the ability to lead and advise others
- Proven track record of effective client management and influencing at the senior-most levels in the organisation
- Ability to lead strategic thinking and to communicate effectively, both formally & informally
- Self-starter, team-player, and requiring minimum oversight and guidance. A real “Can Do” attitude with high levels of resilience in pressurised situations
- Excellent communication/presentation skills to present to/liaise with all levels of stakeholders
- Ability to pick up knowledge of the business, new technology areas, new processes/methodologies and apply these changes in the day-to-day working of the Technology organisation
- Excellent interpersonal skills, confidence and ability to interact professionally with people at all levels
- Strong customer awareness and business focus
- Knowledge of Project Management methodologies and an ability to adapt and enhance this across a global team
- Desirable Skills
- Knowledge and experience in managing development & support activities for investment services and/or fund accounting functions
- A good understanding of the overall investment process and its data needs of a buy-side investment firm
- Knowledge of Fund Accounting processes would be an advantage, including Security Pricing, and/or Trade Management and Corporate Actions processing.
Fidelity International offers world class investment solutions and retirement expertise. As a privately owned, independent company, investment is our only business. We are driven by the needs of our clients, not by shareholders. Our vision is to deliver innovative client solutions for a better future.
Our people are passionate, engaged, smart and curious, and we give them the independence and the confidence to make a difference. While we take pride in the excellence of our investment solutions and client service, we know we can always do better. We are honest, respectful and make tough calls, challenging the status quo to achieve better outcomes through innovation. Above all else, we always put our clients first.
Find out more about what we do, our history, and how you could be part of our future at: