To provide efficient and effective professional management of fit-out projects, delivering contract operations safely, profitably, on time and to a high quality standard that meets client requirements.
What you’ll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
- Compliance with Health and Safety Regulations, and ensuring that policy and procedures are implemented throughout the operations under your responsibility. This will include the ownership and promotion of site health and safety at all times.
- Through an effective leadership style, ensure that all functions within the project are managed and operating to agreed objectives and targets, leading to completion of work to schedule and profitability.
- Ensure client and external body satisfaction with process and end product.
- As single point of contact for client/client’s representative, ensure the detailed preparation and presentation of progress and key issue reports to client’s team and internal management.
- Liaise with the client on site and represent the Company at progress meetings, in order to provide a customer/client focused approach to the project, and in the resolving of operational and design issues.
- Client negotiation from inception to final account.
- Ensure the project is on or ahead of programme at all times and that no dispute arises as a result of entitlement for variations or delays.
- Provide a defect free end product, manage the project through its defect period, obtain making good defects certificate and release of all retention monies where appropriate.
- Responsible for personnel resources, including site employees and sub-contractors.
- Effectively manage the site team in the effective use of such resources.
- Ensure that the key roles are staffed with people who can effectively undertake their roles, ensuring that their roles are clearly defined and understood and that all personnel are motivated and managed to achieve the business’s objectives.
- Ensure that good relations with suppliers are established and maintained so that the most favourable deals are facilitated for the benefit of both the business and the supplier.
- Portray a professional image to all external bodies, in the management of the contract.Responsible, in conjunction with the site QS and the Commercial Manager, for all contractual and other onsite administration, keeping accurate records of all stages of the contract.
- Work with the Quality and Environmental Department to ensure that quality procedures are being implemented and administered.To undertake any other reasonable duties as required by this function.
What you’ll bring
As a Project Manager your main skills and experience will include:
- Degree in Civil Engineering or Building related discipline
- A Minimum of 5 Years Project Management Experience
- Relevant industry experience
- Site Management Safety Training Scheme (5 day SMSTS)
- CSR/CSCS Qualification or equivalent
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Employer Pension Contribution
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plans
- Childcare Vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Gym Membership
- Company Car/Car Allowance & Fuel Card
At Lagan Specialist Contracting Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
We wish you every success in your application.
The closing date for completed applications is Friday18th May 2018 at 12 Noon
LAGAN SPECIALIST CONTRACTING GROUP ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITES EMPLOYER