IT Project Manager
If you are looking to join a company which will offer you a strong support network and an inspiring working environment, then this is the job for you. Applicants must be able to demonstrate drive, passion and a strong sense of team working, along with a desire to progress within our organisation. The successful candidate will effectively manage and support moderate to complex technology activities across the IT estate.
- Develop, support and manage projects and project plans for implementation and through life of the project.
- Develop and maintain project issues list and drive the issues to resolution.
- Maintain and present project metrics to project director and Sr. management.
- Provide coaching and personal development to project leaders and other junior staff.
- Maintain budget for all projects assigned. The project manager is responsible for carrying a minimum defined budget per month across projects allowing for one project in development phase to be managed.
- Schedule and facilitate meetings with clients to develop system requirements and maintain on-going project status meetings. Continuing to facilitate project status meetings and liaise with client during life of the project.
- Liaise with internal teams and clients to effectively manage scope changes, project budget/financials and service levels within a project.
- Adhere to all company and departmental procedures at all times.
- Comply with all company and departmental quality procedures, training and policies, and project and/or client defined service level agreements. Responsible for overall quality of the project.
- Be actively involved on process improvement activities within Project Management team.
- Manage project risks and manage risk mitigation activities independently while maintaining compliance with company and departmental procedures.
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Prior relevant experience managing complex projects within a large corporate
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to produce high quality deliverables
- Ability to work in an environment with changing priorities
- Understanding of system development life cycle process
- Negotiation skills
- Team work
- Excellent leadership, documentation and communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills
Experience managing internal and client facing projects Personal Characteristics:
- A team player that can work effectively with individuals across the organization
- Ability to ‘jump in and get started’
- Detail-oriented and problem solving
- Bachelor’s degree or local equivalent or equivalent work experience
Benefits of Working in ICON
ICON enjoys a strong reputation for quality and is focused on staff development. We make it our mission to attract the most diverse and creative minds into the business and we continually strive to provide opportunities for our people to excel, grow and build a great career. We understand that our greatest asset is the skills and talents of our people and they are truly what set us apart.
Other than working with a great team of smart and energetic people, we also offer a very competitive benefits package. This varies from country to country so a dedicated recruiter will discuss this with you at interview stage.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people and provide them with opportunities to develop their long term career.
ICON is an equal opportunity employer – M/F/D/V and committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment