|Program Specialist, School-Age MathSave the Children 312 reviews
– Berea, KY
The Program Specialist is the on-the-ground Save the Children staff member providing training, technical assistance, and management support to program partners to ensure quality program, implementation and results for children in the area of elementary mathematics. Save the Children programming is focused on children and families for the prenatal through age ten continuum of child development and education. Program Specialists focus on elementary school-age children. Under the supervision of National Director of Education and working as a member of the state teams and in collaboration with the national program team, the Program Specialist oversees and supports program implementation, monitoring, and evaluation at assigned partner sites specifically in the area of mathematics, a new component area for school-age programs. Specific duties and responsibilities are outlined below. Note that this position will also support math programs in additional states where person resides.
What You’ll Be Doing
Math Program Implementation 85%:
- Provide in-person and remote training and technical assistance for program staff; maximize the use of technology to do so.
- Guide and support program staff to ensure quality implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of Save the Children’s program models according to established standards.
- Visit each assigned site in compliance with the program model to conduct observation, coaching, and mentoring. Complete site visit reports.
- Ensure accurate and up-to-date data collection and reporting for each assigned site.
- Consult with the Director about program questions and needs.
- Regularly communicate with the Director, math consultant and state directors about program implementation challenges and successes and how to resolve complex issues
- Travel (to local and additional states), when needed, to provide training and technical assistance to sites implementing math curriculum. 2018-19 math 1 cohort states include Tennessee, Kentucky, Mississippi and South Carolina (up to 50%)
Partner Operations and Management: 10%
- Support other state teams with partner management including but not limited to annual partner planning, sub-award budget and spending, grant budgets and reports, annual district/site stakeholder meetings, partnership performance management, sponsorship, and emergency/disaster communication and reporting.
- Support timely and accurate incident reporting and necessary follow-up.
- Support state teams with identification and assessment of new sites, when applicable.
- Provide new sites with start-up support including but not limited to hiring and training program staff, technology and program materials, and Partner Portal usage.
Local and State Relationships/Advocacy: 5%
- Support other Program Specialists, State Directors, and program partners as appropriate, with local, regional, and state community engagement activities, community partnerships/coalitions, and state level relationships.
- Support state teams with local, regional, and state program presentations.
- Support program partners with media opportunities to highlight Save the Children programs.
- Minimum of a high school diploma, 3-5 years of relative experience
- Experience working in or with school systems
- Knowledge of and experience with math programs
- Willingness to travel extensively in the state or region and nationally as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PPT and on-line technologies proficiently
- Professional level of specialized knowledge to manage complex tasks, programs or projects
- Must be willing and able to travel throughout the assigned region and nationally up to 25% of the time
- Master’s degree in the field of education
- Demonstrated organizational and management skills related to program implementation
- Experience developing and delivering training and technical assistance in-person and remotely
- Proven experience working effectively with limited-resource communities
- Working knowledge of financial and subgrant management
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to dynamic changes in the work environment
What’s In It for You
- Meaningful work, with a knowledge that you are changing the lives of children all around the world
- A family friendly work environment
- Highly collaborative and innovative teams
- Generous paid vacation days, holidays, family leave days, and sick time
- Healthcare plans including medical, dental, and life insurance
- Retirement savings account with matching company contributions
- Structured and formalized management development and coaching programs for mid and senior level managers
- Extensive e-learning opportunities on a variety of topics offered through our affiliation with several prestigious universities, as well as language learning opportunities
Save the Children invests in childhood – every day, in times of crisis and for our future. In the United States and around the world, we are dedicated to ensuring every child has the best chance for success. Our pioneering programs give children a healthy start, the opportunity to learn and protection from harm. Our advocacy efforts provide a voice for children who cannot speak for themselves. As the leading expert on children, we inspire and achieve lasting impact for millions of the world’s most vulnerable girls and boys. By transforming children’s lives now, we change the course of their future and ours.
Save the Children is committed to conducting its programs and operations in a manner that is safe for the children it serves and helping protect the children with whom Save the Children is in contact. All Save the Children representatives are explicitly prohibited from engaging in any activity that may result in any kind of child abuse. In addition, it is Save the Children’s policy to create and proactively maintain an environment that aims to prevent and deter any actions and omissions, whether deliberate or inadvertent, that place children at the risk of any kind of child abuse. All our representatives are expected to conduct themselves in a manner consistent with this commitment and obligation. Any violations of this policy will be treated as a serious issue.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. Save the Children complies with all applicable laws.
Save the Children helps poor and malnourished children in about 15 US states and about 120 countries, focusing on such areas as health and…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed