|Production PlannerFastnet Recruitment
An excellent career opportunity has arisen for an experienced production planner/ scheduler The Production Planner is responsible for planning raw material movements in, through, and out of the process operation based in East Cork. The Planner must take information from various sources and whilst working within process unit limitations and logistical constraints, develop a daily and weekly plan to deliver customer satisfaction and optimise economic return. The Planner works closely with Corporate Commercial and Trading in Canadian and London HQ, Wholesale Marketing, our client’s customers and external shipping operations groups.
- Member of the Production Planning Team developing and coordinating product movement strategies that follow current economic drivers.
- Plans the detailed movement of raw materials into the plant. This includes offboarding coordination, shipping distribution, process instructions, and setting throughput targets.
- Sets process unit rates and production targets within operating and mechanical limits.
- Coordinates the supply of all finished products to Wholesale Marketing customers. Most product is produced onsite. The Planner works with London Commercial and Trading to source extra material, if internal production is not sufficient.
- Works with the Canadian and UK Commercial and Trading groups to sell surplus bulk products. The Planner determines shipping ranges and closely liaises with international cargo operations personnel.
- Develops a daily set of instructions for refinery production covering the process units, tank changes, and shipping orders.
- Develops a six-week rolling plan to highlight when raw materials and feedstock imports and bulk exports are required.
- Adapts and frequently replan’s for a changing and dynamic operation to find a solution that meets our clients production commitments at minimal cost.
- Logistics, engineering or science qualification.
- 3+ years’ experience in as a logistics professional.
- Comprehensive understanding of regulated manufacturing operation or supply chain optimisation.
- Basic understanding of energy resource economics an advantage.
- Advanced excel skills are critical
- Excellent social, communication and relationship building skills.
- Ability to problem solve and multitask in a dynamic environment.
- Highly organised.
- Self-motivated and directed.