- This role is ideal for a strategic thinker with experience leading a business within the financial services industry
- You’ll join the Ulster Bank Personal Products team, owning the strategy for personal loan products and managing large scale change and innovation programmes
- You’ll have responsible for all aspects of product life cycle for your category, and will contribute to a strategic plan that provides market leading, insight driven, differentiated product propositions
- You can expect to gain in depth exposure at executive level, and will be well positioned to make a significant impact in supporting our customers with their personal borrowing needs
What you’ll do
As Category Lead for personal loans you’ll be responsible for performance against P&L and balance sheet targets for our personal loan products and associated propositions. You’ll take accountability for executing the product strategy in line with the bank’s overall strategic direction, and will engage with Marketing & Communications to develop and implement an annual marketing strategy and campaign approach that supports delivery of the financial plan.
You’ll lead and direct a team to support you, including by resolving any incidents or issues, ensuring good outcomes for customers. You’ll also work with the distribution channels to optimise customer acquisition, and deliver customer experience which is consistent with the brand promise and customer commitments.
Other key aspects of your role will include:
- Driving strong stakeholder engagement and building key relationships across the retail distribution channels and a wide range of functional partners to ensure product needs are understood and delivered in, including Credit Risk, Operational Risk, Conduct, Fraud, Financial Crime, Legal, Group Security, Business Services and Finance
- Developing and executing both an annual and long term customer focused strategy for all product lines, recommending improvements to the customer experience and driving them through to implementation, improving customer acquisition, development and retention
- Developing customer contact strategies which optimise frequency and channels, and ensure that the product strategies maximise lifetime profitability
- Building and maintain key relationships with third party suppliers, and with RBS and NatWest
The skills you’ll need
You’ll be a strong leader with proven experience in the financial services industry and a focus on delivering customer value, while also meeting commercial objectives within deadline and to budget. You’ll have a history of success in strategic product development, design and execution, and will bring extensive knowledge of competitor products and services, as well as local and national businesses and the associated economic issues.
We’ll also be looking for:
- A people leader developer who is able to build skills and capability across a team
- Proven experience of effectively managing senior stakeholders, and developing strong relationships at all levels
- Knowledge of operational and regulatory risk management and controls, and the regulatory environment as it’s relates to financial services
- Strong commercial and financial acumen, including the ability to negotiate commercial terms with large third-party suppliers
- The ability and resilience to manage a business with significant compliance issues
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary and you’ll also join our retirement savings plan. You can also choose from a selection of protection, healthcare or lifestyle extras from RBSelect, our fully flexible reward programme.
Visit our reward and benefits page for more information on the benefit packages we offer.
At Ulster Bank, we want everyone to feel welcome, regardless of your background or needs. If you need adjustments making to your working environment, we’ll do everything we can to support you. As part of this commitment, we offer flexible working options for some of our roles – find out more.
As a Financial Services organisation we comply with and support the requirements set by our Regulators, the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the Central Bank of Ireland (CBI), which are designed to protect our customers. This role falls under Conduct Rules of the Individual Accountability Regime (IAR) and Fitness and Probity (F&P) and is subject to pre-employment screening. This means if your application is successful, you’ll need to satisfy some important background checks before you can start working with us. These may include a full credit check, a criminal record check (if based in the UK), residency and right to work checks.
There will be an ongoing requirement for the role holder to maintain fit, proper and sound standing to perform in the post.