Oath, a subsidiary of Verizon, is a values-led company committed to building brands people love. We reach over one billion people around the world with a dynamic house of 50+ media and technology brands. A global leader in digital and mobile, Oath is shaping the future of media.
Purpose of Role
Reporting directly to the European Payroll Manager. A key contact for HR, Shared Services Centre, Finance, the Y! Stock Plan team & Payroll Bureau’s.\
Under direction, performs a variety of functions in the preparation, processing, maintenance, verification and reconciliation of payroll/benefit records and payment of salaries to Yahoo employees. Coordinates work processes that require a working knowledge of payroll, resource information systems & payroll processes. Frequently exercises independent judgment, as well as discretion and tact, in the processing of documents and information of a confidential or sensitive nature.
Performs related duties as assigned.
- To work with our third party payroll partners to process and support the monthly payroll for 1,600 employees.
- Checking and correcting payroll data in accordance with pre-agreed deadlines prior to formal approval by the European Payroll Manager
- Responsible for safeguarding payroll procedures and ensuring internal controls are adhered to at all times
- Contact for payroll related issues at Yahoo dealing effectively with queries our Providers, HR, the business, employees and third parties
- Assist with calculations of payroll additions / deductions as appropriate, including, holiday pay, pension scheme contributions and additional benefits.
- Process monthly stock option exercise transactions and deal with any enquiries
- Be a point of contact for the Yahoo! ESPP programme which involves processing adjustments and meeting reporting requirements
- Ensuring all enquiries (email, telephone or in person) are answered within 48 hours
- Advise employees in writing of any significant change to their payroll
- Coordinate basic operational duties and responsibilities of the Payroll department
- To assist with financial aspects of payroll – monthly journals/monthly analysis, maintaining employee loan reconciliation etc
- Ad-hoc projects as and when required
- Liaise with Shared Services Finance team in Dublin, HR and Finance•
- Collect, analyze, update and reconcile payroll data on a bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual
- Examine and verify payroll, benefit, and leave data for accuracy, appropriateness and
- Research and analyze discrepancies and process appropriate corrections;
- Research and process payroll and benefit adjustment entries;
- Review account codes at the position level for accuracy
- Coordinate and monitor posting payroll transactions to the general ledger.
- Research and resolve payroll related posting problems;
- Review, reconcile and balance payroll and benefit data for regular payrolls to ensure
accuracy of reporting and distribution of funds.
- Reconcile and report all payroll tax information to proper authorities.
- Ensure all payment & filing deadlines are met to prevent penalties.
- Perform troubleshooting on monthly payroll data provided by our external Providers.
- Recommend and maintain payroll controls for data integrity and accuracy.
- Prepare ad hoc reports as necessary.
- Assist in developing new procedures as needed.
- Answer queries from internal and external clients, resolve problems and recommend solutions;
- Provide data for auditors, and state agencies.
- Other duties assigned or apparent.
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.