Providence is calling a Nursing Assistant – Telemetry, Full-time, Day Shift to Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center in San Pedro, CA.
In this position you will:
- Perform delegated routine and predictable patient care tasks/duties and works under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse (RN).
- These duties may include, but are not limited to vital signs, monitoring, basic patient care and transportation.
- Respond appropriately to patients and families with knowledge of age-specific needs based on scope of service of unit/department where assign.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for Healthcare Providers from the American Heart Association.
- Graduate of any accredited Certified Nursing Assistant program or Nursing Assistant program or demonstrated equivalency (such as experience as a corpsman, EMT, foreign-licensed RN or MD), completion of 2nd semester of accredited Nursing Program, HHA with 1-2 years experience.
- Requires fluent ability to understand oral and written English directives, including English text.
- Requires the ability to perform basic arithmetic computations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Requires the ability to perform all physical requirements pertaining to delegated tasks.
- Must demonstrate an understanding of basic medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Ability to establish and maintain a courteous and cooperative (service-oriented) working relationship with patients, families and co-workers.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Recent hospital direct patient care experience on an acute, sub-acute, or skilled nursing facility
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence Little Company of Mary Medical Center San Pedro is a 259-bed nonprofit hospital that has served the Harbor and greater South Bay communities since 1925. Our Medical Center offers a comprehensive array of medical and surgical services each distinguished by innovation, quality and excellence in its respective area. We received the CHART “Certificate of Excellence” for receiving superior or above average results across the majority of outcomes and process measures publicly reported by CHART. We ranked in the top 21 among more than 240 hospitals throughout the state compared by California Healthcare Foundation, and were the first location in the South Bay to carry the Gold Seal of Approval® from The Joint Commission for Primary Stroke Centers. As a member of Providence Health & Services, we are continually driven by the caring tradition of our heritage – the foundation of our Mission and core values – to embrace respect, compassion, justice, excellence and stewardship. Providence Health & Services today celebrates unprecedented growth, recognition for top quality health care, a vibrant employee culture where new ideas are encouraged and a drive to help the underprivileged – all with an eye toward the future.
We offer a full comprehensive range of benefits – see our website for details
As expressions of God’s healing love, witnessed through the ministry of Jesus, we are steadfast in serving all, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit Catholic network of hospitals, care centers, health plans, physicians, clinics, home health care and services guided by a Mission of caring the Sisters of Providence began over 160 years ago. Providence is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Providence does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, disability, veteran, military status, religion, age, creed, national origin, sexual identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by local, state, or federal law.
Job Category: Certified Nursing Assistant
Location: California-San Pedro
Req ID: 175046