|Nursery Practitioner ApprenticeSAPLINGS FOREST SCHOOL LTD
– Pewsey SN9
- To plan, prepare and participate in a range of outdoor, adventurous and explorative play activities that promote the Early Years Foundation Stage in all areas of learning to enable each child to reach their full potential
- To implement activities which develop language and social interaction between the children and their carers
- To be a key worker for children by observing, monitoring and recording each individual’s development
- To support qualified forest school in the implementation and evaluation of children’s planning and progress
- To attend parents evenings/open days and holiday clubs as required
- To communicate with parents/carers about the day to day needs of the children by fostering parental involvement and encouraging positive parenting skills
- To promote the philosophy of ‘learning through play in the outdoors’
- To help children acquire self-help skills including dressing, feeding, toilet training and an awareness of personal hygiene
- To attend staff and team meetings as appropriate
- To help ensure that Saplings Forest Preschool meets safety and hygiene requirements and to report any issues to a senior member of staff
- To be aware of and comply with our Child Protection Policy, Confidentiality Procedures, Health and Safety Policy and Risk Assessments
- To keep up to date with developments in childcare and parent education through regular training as appropriate
- To maintain records and documentation that complies with statutory requirements, and to support qualified staff with the completion of such documents
- To ensure that everyone is treated as individuals with respect and full consideration
This apprenticeship will be at level 2, however we will consider taking on an apprentice at level 3, depending on their experience and previous qualifications.
- Ability to problem solve and use your initiative
- Previous experience of working in a natural outdoor environment is desirable but not essential
- Suitable to care for children
- The ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children
- Emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
- Able to communicate with adults and children
- Able to work as part of a team
- Able to cover periods of team holidays and team absence at short notice (flexible)
- Good organisational skills
- A genuine love of and gain enjoyment from working with children
- Love of working outdoors in all weather
- Able to work under pressure
- Honest, reliable and flexible
- Able to demonstrate reliability
- A professional attitude and manner
- An enthusiastic approach to work
- A reliable team member
- Ability to work well within a team
Minimum Entry level 3 or GCSE grade D in Maths and English.
All applicants will be required to pass initial assessments in Maths and English.
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
Saplings Forest Preschool is a 100% outdoor preschool, as such, you must be happy to spend your entire working time outdoors. You will get wet and muddy and you will work with fires.
Successful applicants will need to provide ‘right to work in the UK’ documentation, undertake a DBS and provide two satisfactory references prior to commencing employment.
College attendance is required approximately one day every two months for workshops.
To assist you during your apprenticeship, you may be required to purchase some equipment and resources to support you during your course.
Must be able to get to and from the place of work in a safe and timely manner.