About the business and the role
Gunaikurnai Land and Waters Aboriginal Corporation. GLaWAC is the Prescribed Body Corporate (PBC) for the Gunaikurnai people and claim area and Registered Aboriginal Party (RAP) providing joint management of 10 parks and reserves within the Gippsland region of Victoria.
Predominantly, the position will engage and build strong, collaborative relationships and ongoing commercial partnerships with stakeholders and agencies to promote the businesses and services provided by GLaWAC’s Natural Resource Management enterprise and to develop, and implement and monitor contracts and funding agreements as per organisational delegations for the sustainability of future growth in Natural Resource Management.
You will be required to work across the region based on the specific delivery of their functional responsibilities.
Job tasks and responsibilities
- Lead and manage the NRM team to ensure individual and divisional goals are achieved and services are provided in an effective and timely manner.
- Mentor the NRM team to affect sustainability and succession planning; ensure all training plans are completed as stated in individual workplans.
- Develop functional plans and measures to assess and improve individual and team performance.
- Construct, using the approved organizational performance development plans, set performance direction and identify training and development needs for direct reports.
- Regularly monitor and assess performance of subordinate staff to provide constructive feedback and identify development needs.
- Monitor and manage issue resolution following the organisations policies and procedures and in consultation with Line Management and HR Manager.
- Promote an environment of cooperation for continual improvement of team performance.
- Resolution or reference of all grievances and complaints in line with GLaWAC’s grievance and complaint handling procedures to minimise negative effects on employees and the organisation’s operations.
Skills and experience
Qualifications and Skills
- Tertiary qualification in Land Management or equivalent is desirable.
- Demonstrated high level judgment experience in analytical problem solving and decision making.
- Demonstrated experience in multiple portfolio management.
- Demonstrated experience in engagement and stakeholder management i
- Demonstrated experience in leading and managing team performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team which consistently and effectively delivers on its goals and objectives.
- Demonstrate ability to performance manage staff
- Also a track record in dealing with external stakeholders on a range of land management issues.
- Regular work-related travel across Victoria at short notice
Job benefits and perks
Benefits include leadership opportunities and advancement, cultural activity days, salary options and much more.
For more information, or to apply, click ‘View details’ below.