Entertainment

Declan Donnelly and wife ‘expecting first baby’ after Ant McPartlin’s drink-drive charge

Declan Donnelly, Ali AstallGetty

DECLAN DONNELLY WIFE ‘PREGNANT’: Ali Astall is said to be expecting the couple’s first baby

The couple are reportedly expecting their first child.

Declan Donnelly and Ali Astall are said to have been keeping the news hidden until she passed the all-important 12-week mark.

According to The Sun, a source close to the pair said: “They are both absolutely delighted to be expecting — especially as they have been trying for some time.”

Having known each other for over a decade, Dec, 42, and Ali, 40, wed in a lavish ceremony in 2015.

Declan Donnelly, Ali AstallGetty

EXPECTANT PARENTS? The duo reportedly got pregnant late last year

Ali is believed to have got ­pregnant shortly after Dec left Australia in December 2017, where he was presenting I’m A Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here!

The reports come at a tumultuous time for Dec, who is set to present Saturday Night Takeaway solo next week, following Ant’s rehab return.

Ant McPartlin, 42, was charged with drink-driving on Wednesday, after he failed a roadside breathalyser test following a car crash on Sunday, March 18.

The three-car collision resulted in a 4-year-old girl going to hospital for a check-up.

Ant and DecITV

GOING SOLO: Dec will present Saturday Night Takeaway without Ant McPartlin next week

“They are both absolutely delighted to be expecting”

A source

Following the incident, McPartlin’s publicist confirmed the troubled star had decided to “go back into treatment and step down from his current TV commitments.”

While Saturday Night Takeaway was cancelled this week, the first of the final two episodes of this series will go ahead as planned next week.

Revealing he will host the show solo, after 30 years of co-presenting with his best pal, Dec took to social media on Wednesday and shared a heartfelt message with fans.

Ant McPartlinWenn

TURMOIL: Ant is back in rehab after being charged with drink-driving

Taking to the official Ant and Dec Twitter profile, Donnelly told their 6.81 million followers: “Whilst I never thought I’d be in this position, after much discussion and careful consideration…

“We’ve decided that the remaining two shows of this series of Saturday Night Takeaway will go ahead.

“We made a promise to take hundreds of deserving winners to Florida to watch the series finale, and we will honour that.

“Everyone at ITV and the Takeaway team feels we owe it to the audience to complete the series.”

Declan Donnelly’s representative declined to comment when contacted by Daily Star Online.

Source reference