This role is reporting directly to the Regional Coordinator. Working in a team undertaking the screening of babies in the first few days of their new life, you will be a reliable individual with good communication skills and at ease working with mothers and very young babies. You will be passionate about delivering a family friendly yet professional experience for both mother and baby during the screening process.
- To promote a professional, welcoming and caring environment – endorsing a family friendly approach to care.
- Communicate with and provide information for parents concerning hearing screening – obtain parental consent
- To carry out the hearing screening of newborn babies
- To inform parents of the screen outcome as dictated by Local & National Hearing Screening Programme (NHSP) protocols.
- Record clinical and test data accurately and ensure a timely transfer of information to the manager.
- To ensure patients and families retain their dignity, privacy and individuality at all times and maintain the confidentiality of the data.
- Be aware of child protection issues and adhere to local procedures.
- To maintain up to date knowledge of procedures and policies relevant to this post.
- To ensure the safety and security of equipment at all times and report any problems to the Hearing Screening Operational and Regional Coordinator at the earliest opportunity.
- To take part in a rota to cover sickness and annual leave of colleagues as appropriate.
- To be able to work flexibly when required.
- Previous experience of working with the general public
- Good level or numeracy & literacy
- Previous experience of working with computer applications – accurate data input
- Previous experience in a healthcare environment would be desirable
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting/GARDA and reference checks
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.