AONTAS is Ireland’s national adult learning organisation for adult and community education providers and adult learners. It promotes the value and benefits of adult learning, and advocates on behalf of the sector. Founded in 1969, it is an independent NGO, with 500 members nationwide.
With particular emphasis on those who did not benefit from education initially or who are under-represented in learning, AONTAS’ work is aimed at:
- Widening participation in lifelong learning
- Ensuring community education supports quality learning opportunities for the most educationally disadvantaged
- Ensuring adult learners are central to local, regional, national, European and International adult learning policy
- Promoting quality adult learning
Drawing on the strength of our members and meaningful relationships with adult learners we advocate for the rights of all adults to quality learning through their lives based on a grassroots, authentic understanding of lifelong learning that benefits the social, personal and skills development of adults, their family and community.
AONTAS is seeking to recruit a National FET Learner Forum Administration and Events Officer. The key objective of this role is to ensure that the administration and event requirements are met and delivered to the highest standards, providing efficient and effective support to the work of AONTAS.
- To provide administrative and event planning support to the Learner Advocacy Officer in the implementation of the National Further Education and Training (FET) Learner Forum project.
- Administrative and event support includes but is not limited to:
- overall event management logistic support for the National and Regional FET Learner Forum meetings including liaising with venues, stakeholders, photographers etc
- to ensure the effective and efficient implementation of the project for the remainder of 2018 communication with learners and Education and Training Boards (ETBs) across Ireland as part of the organisation of regional learner meetings
- communication with AONTAS panel of facilitators to ensure they receive correct and timely briefing information to perform their role
- collating and data input of NFLF meeting data proof reading and report design
Contribute to AONTAS
At all times, operate to the highest professional, ethical and performance standards. This includes adapting effortlessly to changing circumstances in AONTAS and undertaking, surrendering or realigning any responsibility, within reason, the CEO requires. This list of responsibilities is not exhaustive and may vary from time to time, to provide for change.
This is an opportunity to engage with adult learners and practitioners in a vibrant, progressive organisation that is committed to educational equality.
The job requirements are as follows:
- Knowledge of and/or experience in the further/adult/community education sector
- One year event organisation experience
- Proficient in database management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Experience or proof of ability to provide administrative support
- Good written skills
- Proven ability to meet targets and work to deadlines among a team setting
- Ability to engage effectively with stakeholders
- High level of professional responsibility and integrity
- Communicates effectively with colleagues and stakeholders in a constructive and approachable manner
- Able to cope with and respond positively to change
- Solves problems in a constructive, inclusive, and creative manner
- While not required for the position, it is an advantage if candidates are able to show experience of proof reading technical documents
This a fixed term employment contract for a duration of six months. A probation period of three months will apply. Annual Leave is 23 days pro rata, The AONTAS Office is open from 9.00am to 5.00pm Monday to Friday. The working week is 22.5 hours for this role. The work of the National Further Education and Training Administrative and Event Officer requires flexibility with some unsocial hours and travel.
The salary offered will be commensurate with experience and will be within the parameters of the salary scale equivalent of an Executive Officer in the Public Service (2016) point 1 to point 8.
Euro € 26,383 – 28,265 – 29,314 – 31,094 – 32,679 – 34,219 – 35,749 – 37,247.
The closing date for applications for this role is 5.00 pm on the 30th May 2018. First and second interviews, if required, will take place on the week of 4th June and the week of the11th June 2018.
AONTAS Head Office located in Ranelagh, Dublin D06 E0H1.
The NFLF Administration and Event Officer’s direct line manager is the Advocacy Lead though the Learner Advocacy Officer will primarily monitor work on a day-to-day basis. Ultimate reporting is to the CEO of AONTAS.
Please apply with a letter of motivation and your CV. For further queries please contact John Ryan, Office Manager at 01 406 8220 or by email at email@example.com.
This job description is intended as a summary of the primary responsibilities of and qualifications for this position. The job description is not intended as inclusive of all duties an individual in this position might be asked to perform that may be required either now or in the future.
AONTAS is an Equal Opportunities Employer