Lagan Specialist Contracting Group is a private family owned construction and asset management business founded on more than 50 years’ experience. We work across Ireland, the UK and internationally.
Our Vision is to be a diverse family owned construction and asset management business that will grow to be the most respected in the industry. Our mission is to provide construction and asset management solutions in an environment where people feel safe, secure and valued.
H&J Martin Asset Management Services Ltd (part of the Lagan Construction Group) are now recruiting for a Mobile Maintenance Technician (Building Fabric)
The candidate will work as part of the Mobile Maintenance Technician Team responding to client call outs, reactive and planned works throughout the south of Ireland. They will be responsible for undertaking various planned maintenance and reactive tasks and providing excellent services to our high profile customers. For more information about the services and case studies you may be working on please see our website http://www.laganconstructiongroup.com
What you’ll do
The following reflect the main tasks associated with your position and are not intended to be exclusive or exhaustive
- Control and manage aspects of planned maintenance and reactive tasks.
- Ensuring that the works are delivered on time, to set budgets and to an acceptable quality / technical standard.
- To be proactive in managing and undertaking work and be client focussed in the delivery of the work.
- Representing the company in a competent and professional manner.
- Manage subsequent reactive maintenance services across all contracts.
- Management of work within budgets to drive efficiencies.
- Liaison with Operations Teams, Clients and management of information flow.
- Inspection and sign off work undertaken.
- Participate in out of hours on call Rota
- Other duties as may be required from time to time depending on the needs of the business
What you’ll bring
As a Maintenance Technician (Building Fabric) your main skills and experience will include:
- Significant relevant experience carrying out general maintenance activities including minor joinery, drylining, suspended ceilings, ironmongery, decorative repairs, flooring, roof repairs, plastering patch repairs, tiling, cleaning
- Significant relevant experience of using power hand tools to carry out functions of the role
- Possess excellent knowledge of safe and effective working
- Possess good geographical knowledge
- Possess a full, valid driving license
- Relevant technical experience.
- A building trade qualification.
- Communication – the ability to communicate effectively with site staff and delegate responsibility
- Carpentry/Building experience
- Teamwork – the ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues
- Planning – the ability to plan ahead to achieve results
- Commitment – the ability to demonstrate a positive and self motivated attitude towards the organisation and the achievement of objectives
- Work Completion – the drive and determination to complete work effectively on time
- Customer care – demonstrates a good understanding of the importance of our customers and the impact you have on meeting and exceeding their expectations
- Financial Awareness – has the ability to understand and interpret financial information and understands how well the company and the area in which they work is performing
- Technical Ability – can demonstrate expert knowledge of their area and possesses a range of skills required to complete job-related skills successfully.
How we’ll reward you
In return, we offer a competitive salary plus we’ll provide a wide selection of lifestyle offers, development and learning programmes, services and support designed to help you manage and balance your work/life priorities.
Our Core Benefits include:
- Membership of relevant Institutions & Professional Bodies (As relevant)
- Life Assurance
- Health Cash Plan
- Company Van
Why work for us
Check out the Careers section of our Website for more information!
At Lagan Construction Group, we want everyone to feel welcome. That’s why we want you to know that we’ll work with you to make the application process as smooth as possible. So please just let us know if you need any adjustments or support – we’ll do whatever we can to help.
Please submit your CV via this add or send any queries via the help link on our website.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance: 2 years
- Cork, County Cork
- Full Driving
Please review all application instructions before applying to H&J Martin Asset Management Services.
Other jobs you may like