|Medical Services Team LeaderAllianz Worldwide care 17 reviews
- The management of a team within the Medical Services function, ensuring appropriate liaison with the claims, helpline and client services function as with external relationships.
- To manage the teams processing of Treatment Guarantees, ensuring the work flow is monitored and assigned to the relevant Medical Service Advisor.
- To monitor the management of cost containment for the department aiming to reduce medical costs. In association with the Claims Department and respective business functions.
- To act as a point of contact for customer issue resolution and escalations. With a view to managing issues to closure.
- To coach and train Staff to the standards required to perform the function of a Medical Service Advisor.
- Continuous improvement of the Medical team processes, and ensuring best practice processes are utilized within the Medical team.
- Lead, manage, develop and motivate direct reporting staff through regular team and individual meetings. Carry out individual performance management in order to maintain and improve productivity and quality.
- Plan work schedules to meet deadlines as agreed with Manager.
- Aggressive cost containment through tight adjudication, correct evaluation of appropriateness and successful negotiation.
- Case management of complex cases.
- Maintain relationships with brokers/clients/providers.
- Medical claims reviews
- Strong people management skills.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience within in the health insurance industry or people management
- Strong Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word)
- Completion or progression towards the Diploma in Private Medical Insurance.
- Customer focused
- Strong communication (verbal & written)
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Honesty and Integrity
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Highly motivated and proactive
- Results driven and solution orientated