Medical Collections Specialist
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. – Deer Park, NY 11729
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. is a leading orthotic and prosthetic provider serving New York since 1997. The largest privately-owned O & P company in the NY metropolitan area, East Coast O & P is seeking a highly-skilled, highly-motivated medical collections specialist to work in a team setting.
East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. offers:
- Competitive pay (based on experience)
- Medical, Dental and Vision plans available
- AFLAC and Allstate Plans available
- 401K Plan
- PTO (Paid Time Off) and Holidays
The position is Full Time, M-F, 8am – 5pm and located in Deer Park corporate office.
- The Medical Collections Specialist must have extensive knowledge of all health care billing and collections experience, preferably working in a DME / Orthotic and Prosthetic office.
- Strong communication skills and experience with working will all medical billing is essential.
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred, as well as someone who is bi-lingual (English/Spanish).
- Must be extremely organized, highly motivated self-starter with excellent attention to detail.
- At least 5 years of previous Medical Collections Experience, preferably working in orthopaedics or DME
- Extensive knowledge of all insurance carrier plans (third party, Medicare, Medicaid, etc.), as well ICD-10 billing codes
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent phone voice and presence.
- Demonstrates initiative, ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Able to prioritize, organize, trouble-shoot, and problem solve.
- Demonstrates a sound understanding of customer service principles and practices.
- Must be comfortable working under tight deadlines.
- Past experience using Fastrack software a strong plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $23.00 /hour
Established in 1997, East Coast Orthotic & Prosthetic Corp. (ECOP) has become a leader in custom orthotic, prosthetic, durable medical…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed