Grade 4 Speech Pathology Manager fixed term
About Monash Health
Monash Health Community and Allied Health share the vision of One Team; Making a Difference Together. This vision is underpinned by the following principles:
- We provide quality care focused on the person in the context of their life;
- We are interdisciplinary and innovative with a can-do attitude;
- We view change and challenge as great opportunities.
Speech Pathology at Monash Health covers the continuum and the life span. We have a large bed based department across five hospital sites; Monash Medical Centre, Kingston Centre, Dandenong, Moorabbin and Casey hospitals and teams of speech pathologists in community health, community rehabilitation, clinics and mental health programs.
A bit about this role
Working as part of the Speech Pathology and Community and Allied Health management teams, your vision and leadership will be highly valued. With operational responsibility for the Speech Pathology teams at Moorabbin Hospital and Monash Medical Centre, Clayton you will inspire and encourage our teams to provide excellent patient centred care. You will have portfolio responsibilities in Policy and Procedure development and Head and Neck and will work with the team across the continuum to achieve optimal outcomes.
What we’re looking for in you
- Extensive experience in managing people with an emotionally intelligent approach
- Experience working in a health organisation and an understanding of the key priorities for healthcare and Speech Pathology in contemporary Australia
- Demonstrated clinical expertise and leadership in an area of practice including the ability to undertake professional supervision and promote professional competence of speech pathology staff
- Post graduate qualifications in Speech Pathology and/or Management will be highly regarded
- A current Working with Children and Police check
Benefits, Rewards and Remuneration
We are a diverse team of speech pathologists and our people report working here is positive because we are a supportive and flexible department with close links to our Community and Mental Health colleagues. We support career progression and professional development, with an abundance of opportunities to grow your career in many different directions.
This role is classified as a Grade 4 Manager and is paid according to award rates with post graduate qualification allowance as applicable.
Salary packaging is available.
The role will be based between Moorabbin Hospital and Monash Medical Centre, Clayton and travel will be required across the five main hospital sites and community locations.