Lead, Contracts Manager
Job Code: SIS20181206-25202
Location: Palm Bay, FL
- Perform proposal preparation, contract negotiation, contract administration, and customer contact activities to provide for proper contract acquisition and fulfillment in accordance with company policies, legal requirements, and customer specifications.
- Manage multiple contracts of all types (CPAF, CPIF, FP and T&M), while simultaneously performing change management, resolving execution issues, supporting multiple engineering change and follow-on proposals, negotiations, and DCMA/DCAA audits.
- Develops, negotiates and manages contracts while ensuring compliance with contractual regulations.
- Will be working with federal contract law including knowledge of the FAR, DFAR and government contracting protocols. Working to expert knowledge of contracting concepts, Uniform Commercial Code, applicable public contract acquisition law and regulations, and applicable international contract law.
- Actively participate in new business pursuit activity requiring a sound knowledge of competitive proposal preparation processes.
- Leads/manages major proposal efforts from a contracts perspective, coordinating with all involved functions.
- Prepare bids; specifications, progress, and other reports; advises management of contractual rights and obligations; compiles and analyzes data; and maintains historical information.
- Interacts directly with customers and senior management personnel.
- Assists with developing strategies in support of Harris’ position, performing complex analyses as needed.
- 9 years of knowledge of commercial contracting and related agreements.
- 9 years of experience in negotiating, drafting and administering complex contracts, including cost reimbursement, T&M and fixed price, as well as a Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field; or equivalent.
- 5-9 years experience with government customers to include DOC (NOAA), NASA, or DoD.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Experience with foreign contracting highly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to develop solutions to complex problems, relying on business and contracting knowledge.
- Self-starter with strong organizational and computer skills.
- Proficient in MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and documentation databases.
- MBA degree, Certified Commercial Contracts Manager (CCCM) or Certified Federal Contracts Manager (CFCM) or equivalent desirable.
Please be aware that this position requires the candidated to have the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your résumé for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your résumé, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
Location: USA – FL – Palm Bay
Activation Date: Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Expiration Date: Thursday, June 13, 2019
Harris has ways to make its customers communicate. The company, which develops communications products for government and commercial…
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed