Come and work with us! We are now recruiting for the biggest food hall in Europe – ICHIBA!
Role: Kitchen Assistant
Location: Westfield London, Shepherd’s Bush
Contract: Full time; Permanent
Working Hours: Shifts are between the hours of 6AM – 11PM; must be fully flexible and able to work late shifts and weekends
Rate of Pay: £8.00/hour – increase to £8.25 after 3 month probationary period + great staff benefits
Japan Centre began life in 1976 with a suitcase full of Japanese books and an idea to cater for the community of Japanese people living in London. Japan Centre has since grown to become one of the largest and most influential Japanese retailers in London, adding a supermarket, bakery, deli, restaurants, home ware department and online services to its repertoire.
As Kitchen Assistant will be part of a busy food production kitchen, your role is essential in preparing the key components of all dishes from our restaurant & shop menus. You will work alongside the Head Chef in producing not only great tasting soups and sauces, but also fish & chicken base dishes. Your role will include cutting, frying, steaming, boiling and washing-up whilst you are expected to practice good personal hygiene and follow proper food handling procedure.
Your duties will include:
- Maintaining kitchen cleanliness
- Assisting the Chef in food preparation
- Assisting in checking and monitoring of kitchen equipment and food storage
- Other duties associated with this role and requested by line managers.
- Must have working experience in kitchen environment
- A candidate must have good English language skills and eligible to work in the UK
- Displays initiative and can easily adapt in a fast pace work environment
- Fully flexible
Are you someone who loves people and is passionate about delicious food and Japanese Culture?
Are you friendly and outgoing?
Are you someone who is looking for a career progression within an expanding company?
If you think this is the role for you, apply now with your CV!
– Interest in Japanese Culture and Food is advantageous.
Job Type: Full-time
- Customer Service: 1 year
- food handling: 1 year
- Shepherds Bush, Greater London
Please review all application instructions before applying to Japan Centre Group Ltd.
You can send this company applications via Indeed.
Other jobs you may like