Duties and Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Report for work on time and work till the end of assigned period.
- Turn ON and turn OFF building alarm system.
- Clock in and out of timekeeping system each work day
- Check ServiceMaster Clean Log Book daily and respond in writing to written requests from building management.
- Cheerfully receive instruction and training from assigned ServiceMaster Area Supervisor and communicate on a regular basis with supervisor regarding questions, problems, schedule needs, etc.
- Communicate immediately any approved schedule changes directly to ServiceMaster Office Human Resources for payroll purposes.
- Perform all of the following cleaning tasks. This is not an exhaustive list and may not include all of the cleaning duties required for each particular job: empty trash, reline cans, recycle according to building procedures, high to low dusting of all horizontal surfaces, wet wiping, vacuuming, dry and wet moping, spot cleaning carpets and upholstery, total restroom cleaning, restock soap and paper products, inspect all work, maintain clean and orderly janitorial closet, anticipate need for supplies and communicate needs to Area Supervisor –allowing for delivery within 1 week, turn off lights after rooms are cleaned and inspected, report all safety/repair/ security problems and/or environmental hazards immediately . Adhere to all company policies and procedures paying special attention to health and safety procedures. Ensure security of building during and after cleaning and report any security violations.
Oral Communication Skills
Written Communication Skills
Professional, Courteous, Discrete
Ability to stand for extended periods of time
Lifting up to 50 pounds
Ability to reach, bend, stoop and kneel
High school diploma, general education degree (GED) or one year of related experience/training
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be exposed to airborne particles.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands and reach with hands and arms. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
This is not an exhaustive list of duties but a general description and this position may require other duties as required by ServiceMaster.