This role is part of the Supplier Delivery (SD) organisation in ITSO. The mission of Supplier Delivery is to manage the contracts and the relationships with the Infrastructure and Application suppliers to mutual benefit and ensure alignment across Shell and suppliers with regard to infrastructure and application matters.
Supplier Delivery Organization Key Accountabilities
1) Focus on technical and contractual aspects of the relationship with suppliers.
2) Build relationships with Partners to deliver mutual benefits and ensure alignment Shell and Partners on infrastructure matters.
3) Conduct and handling all executive level reviews and key issues.
4) Define and monitor services delivery in line with service level agreements
This position will be supporting the Lead Business Planner in the Supplier Delivery organization, with a focus on Hosting & Storage and End User Computing Services.
High level accountability includes directing and coordinating Supplier Delivery Strategy and Planning activities, including areas in Spend and Volume Analytics, Demand Planning, Stakeholder Engagement, Benchmarking, and Commercial Escalations. Key interfaces for the role will be with Service and Portfolio Managers, Demand Planning, Finance, and Contracts and Procurement teams.
- Produce monthly volume /spend metrics and provide root-cause assessment of anomalies for Service Management action.
- Ensure high level of data quality for the IT Business Management (ITBM) system
- Service Budget Planning (Operational Run & Maintain) for IT infrastructure services
- Work closely with Business Demand Planner teams to ensure seamless budget process by integrating/aligning budget planning, demand changes and cost take-out
- Work closely with Service Managers, Contracts and Procurement, and Finance teams to calculate and communicate services changes from a cost perspective to those impacted.
- Support Cost Optimization efforts by assisting development of business case creation and financial analysis to be presented to Shell ITSO leadership
- Support Benchmark and re-pricing commercial activities working with Service Manager/SMEs, Contract and Procurement, Enterprise Planning, third party benchmark supplier.
- Drive continuous improvement to the planning, reporting and data analytics toolset.
Dimensions and Special Challenges
- Ability to proactively self-manage schedule
- Working in a Virtual team across multiple time zones may require availability during early morning and/or late evening hours. Managing time and work-life balance is critical.
- There will be conflicting priorities that will need to be carefully managed
- Collaboration with multiple, cross discipline, cross organizational stakeholders
- Gaining the trust of virtual stakeholders
- Delivering through and supporting others
- Regular interaction with IT Support Leadership Team and their Team Leads
- Working with third party vendors/suppliers to align on invoicing and commercial issues
- Understanding and interpreting Supplier Agreements as it pertains to pricing, price-change triggers, and cost levers available
- Interpret results of analysis and spot anomalies in complex Management Information reporting
Country of Work Location
City, State (if applicable)
Bangalore RMZ-ECO WORLD
Shell began operations in India more than 80 years ago. At Shell India, we invest in our people through our industry-leading development programmes, which see our employees, thrive and gain access to experts on a local and global level. To date, we have invested more than US$ 1 billion already in India’s energy sector alone, in socially and environmentally responsible ways. Shell is the only global major to have a fuel retail license in India.
Shell has established a new IT hub in Bangalore, and plans to scale it up over a five year period. The purpose of the IT Hub is to enable the Business by focusing on business outcomes, delivering fit for business technology solutions which enable business agility and profitable growth.
- Collegiate education and 8 – 12 years in an IT with 5 years in Finance field of expertise
- Demonstrated understanding of planning concepts, budgeting, finance and the development of business case
- Demonstrated experience or desire to learn IT Infrastructure
- LEAN Six Sigma
- Project Management certification (ie. PMP, etc)
Soft Skills MANDATORY:
- Self-starter with Good analysis and problem solving skills
- Persists and finishes assigned tasks despite obstacles, or redirects when necessary; takes extra steps to prevent mistakes or create opportunities
- Strong stakeholder, interpersonal relationship, and negotiation skills. Ability to work with multiple stakeholders across organizational and business boundaries at all levels
- Proven ability to deliver results in a matrix organization driving delivery excellence through influence and team working
- Ability to deal with working in a global virtual team environment
- Ability to deal with conflict and ambiguity effectively
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
- Excellent written and verbal capabilities. Good with presentation and can tailor message to audience.
- Proficient at working with vague or unknown requirements
- Customer focused
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Royal Dutch Shell plc is incorporated in England and Wales, has its headquarters in The Hague and is listed on the London, Amsterdam, and…