Job no: 498440
Brand: Flight Centre Travel Group
Work type: Full time
Categories: Business Support
Internal Communications and Change Management Leader
About Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG):
After starting with one shop in the early 1980s, Flight Centre Travel Group (FCTG) has enjoyed remarkable growth to become a $20 billion business in 23 countries, with over 40 brands, 19,000 employees globally and a corporate travel management network that spans more than 90 countries!
The backbone of Flight Centre’s organisational structure is the stone age concept of Family, Village, Tribe. Our structure is simple, lean, flat and transparent, with accessible leaders. Our business model is centred on being one of the world’s best and biggest small business operators. When it was implemented in the mid 1990s, it would become the most significant crossroad for the company’s evolution, providing the framework for Flight Centre to make the transition from small company to big corporation without imploding. It also set the benchmark for corporate excellence and even today, companies look to Flight Centre as a business model for its successful organisational structure.
Our company purpose is bigger than just profit alone. Our purpose is to open up the world for those who want to see. Every day, we give people all around the world the opportunity to do something really amazing – travel!
About the opportunity :
The Internal Communications and Change Management leader is responsible for the delivery of information and the effective communications of key messages and changes to FCTG staff. The role is wide ranging and encompassing. You will have well developed communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence outcomes, managing stakeholder relationships effectively. In this role you will need to be confident, innovative and have a commercial mindset as well as being collaborative and inclusive.
- Developing and applying an appropriate change transition approach and methodology for the business / operational areas
- Managing the execution of plans by nominated change agents, business leaders, and project resources as appropriate, through development of training and user documentation, communication artefacts, developing and implementing training schedules and sessions and other activities as required
- Developing and delivering quality and consistent internal communications throughout FCTG and the individual brands and support departments within it, through a range of channels
- Build and maintain relationship with internal and external stakeholders
- Lead and support team to achieve business goals
- Degree qualified in Marketing, PR, Journalism
- Previous experience and knowledge of change management principles and formalised methodologies
- 5 years communications and or change management experiences preferably within a global company
- A solid understanding of how people are impacted by a change, and the change process lifecycle itself
- Exceptional communication and negotiation skills – utilising a wide range of channels
- Able to work effectively and autonomously at all levels in an organisation
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Experience with large-scale organisational change effort
About the benefits:
- Exceptional package OTE 150K – Depending on experience
- Travel discounts, health and wellness discounts, access to internal 24/7 gym
- Global career opportunities in a network of brands and businesses
- Monthly awards nights, social events, and opportunity to attend global conference
Applications close: 30 May 2018 E. Australia Standard Time