Shift/Hours: 2nd shift position – Monday thru Friday – 3:00 PM to 11:00 PM however must be available to “flex” schedule once a month or as needed by the company to 5:00 pm – 3:00 am or 7:00 pm – 7:00 am
The Inserter Operator operates and maintains the inserting equipment by using job specifications to produce a finished, mailable product. Prepare the inserter bay using tools and job specifications to provide proper set-up and to eliminate possible run-time errors.
- Inspects the finished product by verifying the correct construction and components to ensure that mailability and quality standards are met.
- Evaluates imaged forms by ensuring that the bar code is correct to prevent machine error from occurring
Operate high speed machines that insert printed matter, such as letters or booklets into folders or envelops. Set up and adjust the machine to operate efficiently. Oversee and make adjustments as necessary.
Requires knowledge of standard set ups, adjustments and operating characteristics of the equipment and skill to perform standard adjustments and operate the equipment. Ability to set up, operate, and perform basic adjustments to the equipment according to the individual job requirements, operating characteristics, and capabilities of the equipment. Typically, the adjustments performed at this level are routine and the need for such adjustments are readily apparent.
Other duties as assigned by the shift supervisor.
- Must have good eye-hand coordination
- Strong mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to communicate in English (read, write, understand)
- Lifting up to 50 lbs, 4-6 hours
- Walking/standing, 6-7 hours
- Bending/stooping, 2-3 hoursHigh school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
- Required Experience
RR Donnelley is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. The company’s policy is to select, place and deal with all its employees without discrimination based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender identity or expression, age, disability, perceived disability, sexual orientation, protected Veteran status, genetic information or on the basis of any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
High school diploma, GED, or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment
Pitney Bowes APS/FPS/MSE and/or Gunther experience preferred, but not required