|Industrial CarpenterHall Contracting of Kentucky Inc.
– Matewan, WV
$23 – $25 an hour
The Carpenter is required to build rough wooden structures, such as concrete forms, scaffolds, tunnel and sewer supports, and temporary structures, according to sketches, blueprints or oral instructions.
Desired Knowledge and/or Skills
Use and maintenance of power tools and pneumatic tools, basic arithmetic.
1 year previous finish carpentry experience or trade school required
Project assigned supervisor
Essential Job Functions
Measures boards, or plywood, using square, measuring tape, and ruler, and marks cutting lines on materials, using pencil and scriber. Saw boards and plywood panels to required sizes. Braces forms in place with timbers, tie rods, and anchor bolts, as required. Attaches and installs form ties and other form system components, working with steel and wood forms. Erect chutes for pouring concrete. Erects scaffolding and installs ladders, handrails, walkways, platforms, and gangways.
Other Job Functions
Blueprint reading; may do arc welding, gas welding, and cutting; may assist other trades as directed by the job superintendent.
Constantly – Activity exists 2/3 or more of the time:
- Standing •Hearing •Communicating
Frequently – Activity exists 1/3 to 2/3 of the time:
- Reaching •Fingering •Climbing
- Handling •Bending •Twisting
- Ability to judge distances •Clarity of vision at 20” or less
Occasionally – Activity exists up to 1/3 of the time:
- Balancing •Stooping •Kneeling
- Crouching •Feeling
- Ability to distinguish colors •Ability to focus in on an object
Strength – Ability to exert and lift:
50 – 100 lbs. of force occasionally
25 – 50 lbs. of force frequently
10 – 20 lbs. of force constantly
Frequent exposure to weather, dust and fumes. Occasionally working in high or exposed places. Working in a LOUD noise intensity level. Out-of-town travel may be involved depending on assigned jobsite location which will vary. Depending on location and job needs you may be required to stay overnight and/or switch jobsites daily. Reimbursements will not be issued on prevailing wage jobs and jobs that are located within 50 miles of the home office.
The job duties and requirement that this document describes may be altered or supplemented at any time at the sole discretion of the employer. This document does not create an employment contract, either expressed or implied. All employment is employment-at-will.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
EOE – M/F/Disabled/Veteran
Women and Minorities are encouraged to apply
VEVRRA Federal Contractor
Our priority for referrals of protected veterans is highly desired
- Applicants must have at least 2 years experience
- Applicants must be at least 18
- Applicant must have no felonies in the last 7 years that are related but not limited to theft and violent crimes.
- Applicant must be willing to travel
- Applicant must have reliable transportation to and from job site
- Applicant must HS Diploma/ GED preferred
- Federal contractor
- Work opportunities tax credit hires include Veterans
Job Salary and Benefits
- Salary range $23.00 -25.00
- Working days vary between weekdays and weekends
- up to 50 hours per week
- Normal work shifts: Varies
- Overtime is required for this position
- The hours for this role are Full-time, Regular
- Leave benefits include Paid Holidays
- Retirement benefits include 401K
- Insurance benefits include Dental, Health, Life, Disability, and Vision
- Miscellaneous benefits include Employee Stock Ownership Plan
Job Recruitment Information
Use Apply Now button below to submit your application. Or apply in person at 3800 Crittenden Drive, Louisville, KY between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. Monday through Friday
Thousands of employers search for candidates on Indeed