Salary: £20,661 – £22,658 p.a. pro-rata (Plus Local Government Pension Scheme)
Hours: 22 hrs per week
Offered on a Temporary Basis
We are looking for an exceptional HR & OD Assistant who has outstanding organisational skills and a passion for delivering excellence. As part of the Organisational Development Team based in Christchurch, you will support the delivery of an effective HR service through providing a range of operational and administrative HR activities. This post is offered on a temporary basis for a period of 12 months.
The ideal candidate will have experience of working in a confidential environment and a track record of using admin systems and processes that improve efficiency and effectiveness. You will be a proactive self-starter with a can-do attitude who has good oral and written communication skills, as well as the ability to build strong relationships at all levels.
As first point of contact, the post involves a broad range of HR duties including:
- Advising on and collating all necessary documentation arising from the recruitment process
- Administration for all new starters, leavers and contractual changes
- Data input and reporting in the HR and Payroll system
- Maintaining HR information on the Intranet
- Involved in exciting HR Projects as we look at new and creative ways to provide a service to our internal customers.
The successful applicant must have:
- A minimum level of CPP/ CIPD Level 3 or equivalent education
- Knowledge of HR processes and employment legislation
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build strong working relationships at all levels in the partnership
- Aptitude for working to deadlines, multi-tasking and prioritising efficiently to take ownership of tasks
- Excellent Microsoft Office ICT skills
- The ability to travel to Christchurch Civic Offices where the role will be primarily based and other work base sites when necessary
Although the position will be based at the Partnership’s office in Christchurch, there is an expectation that the post holder will work away from the office some of the week.
The Partnership is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Applications to be returned by: 3rd June 2018