HR Manager | People & Culture | Wunan
Adaptive Resourcing – Kununurra WA
|Wunan’s purpose is to ensure that Aboriginal people in the East Kimberley enjoy the capabilities and opportunities necessary to make positive choices that lead to independent and fulfilling lives.
Essentially, to have dreams and a real chance of achieving them.
This role will play an important part in this mission.
The Manager – People and Culture is a senior role reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, committed to improving people capability within the team across the organisation. You will play a strategic role as part of the Senior Leadership Team, influencing leadership decision making, enabling business improvements whilst building sustainable, collaborative networks.
A primary focus rests on Capability Build whilst enhancing our Culture, enabling our people to be empowered and competent, delivering a value-add, sought after customer service.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Deliver high level, tactical business enabling support, advice and consultancy services to Wunan stakeholders to promote effective planning focussed on strategy and vision.
- Align business objectives with the business managers and their work to create a culture of value for their contribution.
- Engage with business managers to influence best practice Talent management activities as phases of the employee lifecycle.
- Bring value-add People & Culture insights in terms of data, analytics, culture, projects, change, wellness and communications.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to address immediate people and culture needs, and leverage the opportunity to coach managers on best practice.
- Develop appropriate people and culture priorities to enable and enhance local area business plans, in partnership with management teams within the context of customer service and strategic planning.
- Strategic Workforce and Resource planning to create a culture of responsiveness and continuous improvement.
- Collaborate with managers to ensure a commercial focus is applied to all people decisions.
- Develop, implement and maintain interventions to recognise and celebrate performance and behavioural achievements. Align initiatives with Wunan’s values.
- Provide practical coaching and support to influence individual and team leadership performance.
- Identify, recommend and implement innovative strategies and practices, which will contribute to the development of individuals and teams.
- Maintain currency and apply contemporary, simple and fair approaches to workplace relations matters and application of Wunan’s policies and procedures.
- Ensure People and Culture policies and procedures are maintained and embedded within the organisation.
- In conjunction with Financial Services, ensure staff records remain compliant and are maintained with integrity.
- Demonstrated experience in initiating, leading and implementing transformational change
- Ability to establish partnerships and effective working relationships
- Experience in identifying, developing and managing talent
- High-level interpersonal skills
- Ability to clearly and persuasively present and address complex ideas
- Commercially Astute – ability to balance the people and commercial deliverables to focus on business objectives within budget constraints.
- Knowledge and ability to interpret, review and apply provisions governing conditions of employment, HR policies and procedures.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to facilitate resolution of complex HR issues.
- Analytical, conceptual and problem solving ability.
- Ability to work autonomously and to take responsibility for own actions as well as a commitment and capacity to work effectively in a team environment.
- Sound understanding of the use of modern technology to create employee engagement and improve efficiencies.
- Project management experience.
- Demonstrated commitment to values-based leadership practice.
If you are up for life in Kununurra and can bring real HR capability to bear then please apply online or contact Graham Nutt from Adaptive Resourcing in Perth on 0405 355 905 for a confidential chat.
– original job
Please review all application instructions before applying to Adaptive Resourcing.