Home Health Aide – Hospice Aide – CNA
We are seeking candidates in the Sumner County, TN area:JOB SUMMARY:
A licensed CNA who is specifically trained, competent and performs assigned functions of personal care to the patient in their residence under the direction, instruction and supervision of the registered nurse (RN).
- Must meet Medicare Conditions of Participation for Home Health Aide training program and competency.
- Have a sympathetic attitude toward the care of the sick and elderly.
- Ability to carry out directions, read and write.
- Maturity and ability to deal effectively with the demands of the job.
- Assists professional staff by performing patient care duties in the home.
- Assists with medications that are ordinarily self-administered.
- Attends and participates in patient care conferences as specified in the Agency policy.
- Provides personal care and bath as directed by RN.
- Shampoos hair as ordered/directed by RN.
- Bed linen change as needed/patient/family requests and/or is RN directed.
- Takes accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure.
- Reports any unusual findings, changes in patient’s condition to RN.
- Takes accurate height and weight as ordered. Records on medical record.
- Assists with placement of bedpan and urinal.
- Administers enemas as directed by the RN.
- Collects specimen as directed by RN; reports immediately to RN any unusual specimens.
- Leaves patient’s room in order, disposing of papers, cups and other items in trash.
- Performs household services essential to health care in the home as RN directed.
- Uses safety rules and regulations regarding assistive ambulatory devices.
- When assisting patients, uses good body mechanics.
- Performs simple procedures as an extension of the therapy service as directed.
- Follows Agency policy for cleaning equipment between patient use.
- Carries out, reports and documents care given in an effective, timely manner as observed by the RN and through periodic record reviews.
- Realizes when help is needed and asks RN for assistance when appropriate.
- Understands responsibility for own actions and omissions.
- Completes all work assigned by the RN.
- Does not accept assignments for a patient with special needs for which he/she has not received appropriate training.
- Observes confidentiality and safeguards all patient related information.
- Attends staff meetings and patient care conferences as scheduled.
- Maintains current documentation of status on chart and gives proper report to RN as indicated by periodic supervision, chart reviews and observations.
Works indoors in Agency office and patient homes and travels to/from patient homes.
- Supervised by: Director/Nursing Supervisor/RNs, PTs,
LIFTING REQUIREMENTS:Ability to perform the following tasks if necessary:
- Ability to participate in physical activity.
- Ability to work for extended period of time while standing and being involved in physical activity.
- Heavy lifting.
- Ability to do extensive bending, lifting and standing on a regular basis.
Adoration Health does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, color national origin, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, or creed in admission, treatment, or participation in its programs, services and activities.~source~