|Financial & Procurement Controller – dnata Catering DublinThe Emirates Group 1,454 reviews
|Applicants must have the right to work and reside in Ireland – visa will not be provided.
We are looking for an energetic and ‘hands-on’ Finance & Procurement Controller to join our dnata Catering team in Dublin, Ireland. This role will be based in our Dublin unit and will support both our Dublin and Cork based units.
In 2018 we expanded our presence in Ireland with the fit-out of a 2,700 sqm facility at Dublin Airport Logistics Park. This full-service catering facility, our 63rd global catering location which currently employs more than 40 people. In Cork, we operate a bonded store serving three core airlines. The pride, passion and focus on delivering quality service is what makes our Cork team so successful across the 6,200 flights they serve every year.
This role reports directly to the General Manger Dublin, with indirect line to the dnata Catering CFO and Procurement Manager, based in our Dubai Headquarters.
The role is responsible for directing, controlling and administering the financial & procurement activities for the Dublin unit, as well as providing the General Manager and the board of directors with financial assessment and information which will ensure planning and budgeting activities meet corporate goals.
Finance related accountabilities
- Establish and direct the unit’s financial administrative activities and operational procedures to ensure the organisation’s profits are protected.
- Accountability for all finance and accounting operations including Billing, A/R, A/P, GL and Counsel, Cost Accounting, Inventory Accounting and Revenue Recognition
- Prepare and publish timely monthly financial statements for the General Manager
- Direct the collections of financial and accounting information and the preparation of budgets reports, forecasts, and consolidated profit and loss reports
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting
- Co-ordinate the design, implementation and monitoring of up to date or computerized accounting and administrative systems.
- Direct and co-ordinate economic research major feasibility studies involving detailed financial analysis, and estimates of future returns on proposed investment.
- Give assessments of proposals involving financial expenditure and of the financial status of operational projects.
- Control activities such as credit policy, cash flow and investment policy, costing and expense control, audits as well as the administration of contracts, insurance arrangements.
- Represent the business in dealings with the organisation’s bankers, and others as required.
- Make policy decisions and accept responsibility for operations, performance of staff achievement of targets and adherence to budgets, standards and procedures.
- Control the selection and training of finance staff, establish lines of control and delegate responsibilities to subordinate staff.
- Conducts audits on payroll, sales and purchase ledger to ensure the accuracy an authenticity of income and outgoings.
- Administer approved general accounting practices throughout the company to ensure accounting, financial and operating reports accurately reflect the conditions of the business and provide reliable information for control and management purposes.
- Ensures that accounting transactions are in line with the policies and procedures and in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Participate in or direct the development of accounting methods and administer approved accounting procedures.
- Review financial and operating statements and prepare reports for management and Board review.
- Supervise the maintenance of company general ledgers, prepare departmental, divisional and consolidated operating and financial statements.
- Oversee maintenance of the accounts payable ledger and, as required, supervise banking and cashiering activities including. Cost accounting, maintenance of accounts receivable ledgers and preparation of invoices, sales statistics and stock records.
- Maintain pre-paid and accrued insurance, check insurance invoices, and review tax records.
- Prepare special accounting reports and cost statements as required.
- Working in conjunction with the GM to improve profitability, deliver operational efficiencies and procurement savings
Procurement related accountabilities
- Manage procurement and sourcing of suppliers, ensuring appropriate commercial and contractual terms are implemented by the business.
- Ensure ongoing management of suppliers by key stakeholders, ensuring operational, commercial and contractual terms are adhered to
- Work with business partners to drive efficiencies within the business and supply base
- Manage the procure to pay process, ensuring use of appropriate technology
- Ensure corporate governance is adhered to
- Develop and maintain 3 year local category plan, for the business. Co-ordinating with head office and other dnata businesses to drive synergies
- Expertly develop successful relationships across all levels of stakeholders, internally and externally. Working with our suppliers to drive business benefit
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Hands-on and can-do approach is essential for this role
- Experienced part-qualified applicants will be considered (ACA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Ideally you will have 5 or more years experience with end to end operational financial processes and implementing financial controls in a small to medium size business
- Must have at least 2 years experience in a role reporting to Senior Stakeholders (i.e. CFO, CEO, Board of Directors)
- Strong knowledge of procurement and supplier management process
- Excellent IT skills and full proficiency in Microsoft Office, ERP systems.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Exceptional communication skills, with ability to liaise and direct across multiple functions.
- Strong analytical ability and excellent numerical skills, with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven experience and ability to work to tight deadlines with a drive for results
The Emirates Group has spread its wings into every aspect of travel and tourism to become a leading global corporation in its field. With…