Award winning Multi-National Professional Services Business
Work closely with the Financial Controller on a variety of projects
Diverse and fun working culture with excellent career opportunities
Financial Accountant (Projects)
- Award winning Multi-National Professional Services Business
- Work closely with the Financial Controller on a variety of projects
- Diverse and fun working culture with excellent career opportunities
Our client is an award winning multinational professional services organisation based in the CBD that provide specialist solutions in regards to workplace relations to businesses across Australia. They have become number1 provider within their field and due to ongoing growth they have engaged us to recruit an exciting new role within their finance team. The position is for a Financial Accountant that will work very closely with the Financial Controller on a daily basis to take ownership & deliver on a large number of ongoing projects at the business.
Key duties will include but not be limited to;
- Liaise with internal stakeholders in support of finance & accounting system solutions.
- Provide support to the business with the continuous improvement of Finance systems.
- Establishment and maintenance of finance structures, systems, processes, including cost controls
- Identify system and process improvement opportunities
- Carry out project work to leverage existing systems to extract maximum value and implement new functionality
- Documentation of current processes, gaps and countermeasures that will need to be developed for a systematic approach to improving efficiency across the function as well as improving accuracy
- Ownership of month end and preparation of month end reporting pack.
- Ownership of reconciliations, fixed assets & general ledger procedures.
- Streamlining existing processes in aim of enhancing efficiencies.
- Building key stakeholder relationships with other departments inside and outside of finance.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required.
Skills & Experience required
- A newly qualified CA/ CPA / ACA/ ACCA/ CIMA (you must have experience working within Australia).
- Experience taking ownsership of internal projects or process improvements within a previous role
- Strong month end reporting experience and a strong understanding of accounting principals
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop sound working relationships
- Ability to prioritise, meet deadlines, work autonomously and also within a team environment
- Self-motivated individual with excellent self-initiative, self-reliance, perseverance, sense of responsibility, a ‘can do’ attitude and problem solving skills
- Advanced Excel skills
Salary = $75,000 – $80,000 + Super + Bonus
This is a fantastic opportunity for a newly qualified accountant to join a business that is constantly growing in size and stature and have a real impact on their growth going forward.. This business is continiously recognised within Australia for not only how it looks after its own employees but for what they are helping other businesses to achieve in the market year on year as well. You will receive a competitive salary an excellent working culture and exciting career opportunities.
Does this sound like the right role for you? If so please apply via the link or send your cv direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
At Hudson we help organisations find and develop employees with the right skills and experience – as well as the right motivational and…